The 2007 DCI Finals Thread

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first DC experience was happening to channel surf past Finals on PBS I think in 2000 and thinking it was cool, cause my brother had done marching band in high school, and he dug it too. Then in 2001 my first live experience was seeing Cadets rehearse in Phoenix before the first ever "Southwest Corps Connection". Saw Cadets and Santa Clara that year. Hooked ever since. So I guess Im a youngin, but I know tons about 2001-2007! :) Trying to learn more about the history before that.

20th Century Shows I like:

Cadets:

- American Quintet

- Celebration

- Stonehenge

- Big Apple

Blue Devils

- As Time Goes By

- West Side Story

- (whatever show had "Ya Gotta Try")

SCV

- Miss Saigon

- Phantom of the Opera

Star 93

VK - Magical Mystery Tour(s)

- (whatever show had "Ya Gotta Try")

Take your pick b/w '80 and '89

My first season following drum corps was the one that's about to end in a few hours...yeah, I'm a total newb to the activity. I saw a video of The Cavaliers 2004 show some time around October of last year, and...well, I wasn't exactly hooked, but I was interested. So, I went home and looked up The Cavaliers, watched a few more shows, and then I remember reading something about Santa Clara Vangaurd's 1989 show, so I watched that. THEN, I was hooked. Since then, I've watched alot of shows, but I've been trying to get ahold of some of the earlier (pre-90s) shows. But, yeah...I'm pretty much very new to drum corps, but I'm a huge fan (and hopefully I'll be in a corps this summer).

I thought this thread would be hopping by now...kinda dead...

I pulled up dci.org this evening, hoping against hope that DCI would have quietly provided a link to a finals webcast for platinum members. No such luck. :(

no, sadly, they want you to spend your $$$ on a DVD instead

...and I remember watching my first DCI on PBS and it being 4 1/2 hours long... when they showed everyones entire show.

I wouldn't feel too old...I was marching in one of those broadcasts!

Edited by piperguy

The best think on TV right now is "Clear and Present Danger" and I've seen it a billion times.

So right now, listening to APDs while on BlueDevils box blog is like being at the show, only blind.

tigers game is on :)

ESPN owns the rights.