The 2007 DCI Finals Thread

After watching quarterfinals at the theater and semis on the web last night, today I am depressed and feel such a let down not getting to watch finals. I still remember watching my first finals on the PBS broadcast in 1991.

...and I remember watching my first DCI on PBS and it being 4 1/2 hours long... when they showed everyones entire show.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the Braves are on now because if I didn't have something to watch I would be updating this every 5 seconds.

First DCI show I ever saw live was Cavaliers 2002.

Really, that was the actual first show I saw. It was early in the season at Southwind's home show, and for some reason they went on first. Imagine that show as your live introduction to drum corps.

boy ur old :P

:P

That was MY first DC experience, too! What a year!!! Phantom, Cavies, and Cadets all slugging it out!

I had just finished my first marching band camp as a freshman in high school. During that week our band staff (Suncoast Sound Alumni) played a lot of great drum corss shows and moments on VHS for us during lunch and dinner breaks. So that Saturday I sat on the floor watched finals glued to my tv. Sadly around the time that they stopped broadcasting finals live, I was going off to college and lost touch with the activity. This summer I got back into it more than I ever have before so much to the point that I want to go on tour volunteering.

After watching quarterfinals at the theater and semis on the web last night, today I am depressed and feel such a let down not getting to watch finals. I still remember watching my first finals on the PBS broadcast in 1991.

No kidding. I was at Stanford last weekend and watched semi's yesterday. I'm missing it big time. I even checked Southwest flights this morning just to look for a cheap ride to SoCal...no such luck.

Thanks to the Blue Devil blog for giving us a little play by play.

1991!