Corps members leaving to serve in the Military

Typically every year I hear comments from many corps, of one or two members who are shipping out right after DCI finals. I think it would be a great idea for us to list all our known members who are now heading off to the military and to thank them for their service both to drum corps and to our country, and to wish them the best.

I'll start off because I am especially proud of this person.

Tyler Anthony, a Blue Star for 6 years, auditioned for the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps after the corps performance in Quarterfinals Thursday night. He is now the newest member of the United States Marine Corps D&BC! Tyler ships out, I believe, some time in the next week or two for basic training before joining the Corps.

GOOD LUCK TYLER!

Who else is shipping out?

Good luck to everyone following this path. I did the same thing after Finals in 2005. Just finished my 2nd year as an infantryman in the Army. Some advice... it sucks leaving DCI before your age-out year. If you're not yet an age-out, consider waiting until after your 21st to join the military. I wish I had (would have aged out this year).

Good luck to everyone following this path. I did the same thing after Finals in 2005. Just finished my 2nd year as an infantryman in the Army. Some advice... it sucks leaving DCI before your age-out year. If you're not yet an age-out, consider waiting until after your 21st to join the military. I wish I had (would have aged out this year).

I whole heartedly agree with the above post. My biggest regret drum corps wise was not marching my age out.

well.. because of it being my last summer with my family before i shipped out.. i actually opted out joining corps right out of high school..

i had planned to audition for SCV back in 2001.... but yeah... biggest regret was i never had to chance to or did.

well... my buddy's trying to get me to join a senior corps now... but ehhh... the fun and excitement of DCI?? oh well...

enjoy life as much as you can.

Typically every year I hear comments from many corps, of one or two members who are shipping out right after DCI finals. I think it would be a great idea for us to list all our known members who are now heading off to the military and to thank them for their service both to drum corps and to our country, and to wish them the best.

I'll start off because I am especially proud of this person.

Tyler Anthony, a Blue Star for 6 years, auditioned for the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps after the corps performance in Quarterfinals Thursday night. He is now the newest member of the United States Marine Corps D&BC! Tyler ships out, I believe, some time in the next week or two for basic training before joining the Corps.

GOOD LUCK TYLER!

Who else is shipping out?

Good luck Tyler!!!!

Way to go Tyler! Good luck

and our family keeps you in our prayers every night. You were a great inspiration for a certain baritone player in our home.

God Bless!

(Megs Mom)

And hearty congratulations to Tyler. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited by KeepOnFoodTruckin

I'd like to say thank you to all the men and women in our armed forces who serve us over the seas and at home. Your sacrifices are known to many!