4 Days in Pasadena

Great review!

I don't know if it's been said or not, but the line-up for retreat was done by the amount of championships a corps had.

Are you sure?

I thought they were lined-up based on Semifinals placements. It just so happens that this ALSO matches the number of championships (for the first 5 corps anyway - the rest have no championships...yet!).

They were staggered from the 50 yardline out - Blue Devils, Cadets (side A), Cavaliers (side B ), Phantom Regiment (side A), Santa Clara Vanguard (side B ). I noticed a lot of SCV and BD members mingling on the field after retreat, but I think the corps that was in between them (Cavaliers) had already left the field.

BTW - When did DCI start lining them up from the 50 yardline out, instead of from 12th to 1st all in one long line? I like it better the new way!

Edited by PeeWee

Great review Mr. Foster!! Thanks dude for the reference too...yes, my ideas were SHUNNED!! LOL!!! Apparently just a tad too VKish...

Great review!

Harvey

Answering a few questions:

The crowd picture was from Saturday night, though Thursday and Friday looked similar.

This was the first year retreat was organized in the manner it was. They were placed in order, alternating side 1 and 2 as PeeWee described. Pretty good idea actually. Perhaps the only good change to retreat in the last 10 years.

Laura - Behind me for 3 nights and I never met you! That is what happens when I sit with family and friends (10 seats). One of the most fun parts about attending all three nights is meeting new people, making new friends.

Are you sure?

I thought they were lined-up based on Semifinals placements. It just so happens that this ALSO matches the number of championships (for the first 5 corps anyway - the rest have no championships...yet!).

They were staggered from the 50 yardline out - Blue Devils, Cadets (side A), Cavaliers (side B ), Phantom Regiment (side A), Santa Clara Vanguard (side B ). I noticed a lot of SCV and BD members mingling on the field after retreat, but I think the corps that was in between them (Cavaliers) had already left the field.

BTW - When did DCI start lining them up from the 50 yardline out, instead of from 12th to 1st all in one long line? I like it better the new way!

When I asked about it, my friend (who aged-out with The Cavaliers this season) told me that's how DCI did retreat this year... I guess for their 35th Anniversary.

Laura - Behind me for 3 nights and I never met you! That is what happens when I sit with family and friends (10 seats). One of the most fun parts about attending all three nights is meeting new people, making new friends.

I know, crazy! I met a lot of the people behind me, but nobody in front. I noticed you guys were wearing SCV gear, though. I wore my SCV member jacket on finals night, but I was fairly unsocial. I only got two hours of sleep the night before, and was struggling to stay awake between shows.

Guest xsabers
Great review Mr. Foster!! Thanks dude for the reference too...yes, my ideas were SHUNNED!! LOL!!! Apparently just a tad too VKish...

Like that's a bad thing???

The VKish part, not the 'your ideas were shunned' part...

Edited by xsabers

Many details covered. Thank you for your review! :)