Big weekend for DCA South corps in Atlanta!

Probably kind of late to be doing this,,but it would be cool one year,,if its ok with the Corpsvets to do a All corps in attendance version of Georgia or some other song selected by DCA south ,,perhaps at retreat or a parking lot jam.

What say you.????

Oh Boy! b**bs Oh Boy! b**bs Yipe! ^OO^ Yipe! ^OO^

Sign me up!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, definitely looking forward to a four-day "working vacation" in the ATL. Georgia may be on our minds but it will NEVER be the same!

What a great weekend ahead of us. Can't wait!! Looking forward to seeing all our DCA South buddies again.

Also, getting away from all this tropical storm stuff in Southeast Texas.

Bring it on Georgia!

And from the current forecast we might luck out and only be subjected to mid to high 90's temperatures. That sure beats the 3-digit temps forecast earlier in the week. Shoot, I might have bring a jacket if it'll get down to the 90's. :doh:

The artificial turf at Chattahoochee is a lot fun in the heat. It's a great field though.

Just pray there's a breeze and a little cloud cover come show time. :sshh: :doh:

Edited by JeffP

Is the turf at Chattahoochee Astroturf or is it the newer grass-looking field turf?

Mmmmm... BBQ. Maybe because I'm ready for dinner but that sure does sound good!

I can't wait for the Georgia weekend and see how everyone has progressed in the two weeks since Nashville. Go DCA South!

I do hope "Georgia" will be on the minds of one and all. It should be played. Can't wait to go to both shows. I was at Chattahootchee HS the day after the GA Dome catching a BD rehearsal. Great facility!

Go DCA South! Thanks for starting this post, JeffP.

Edited by CozyChopsCom

I do hope "Georgia" will be on the minds of one and all. It should be played. Can't wait to go to both shows. I was at Chattahootchee HS the day after the GA Dome catching a BD rehearsal. Great facility!

Go DCA South! Thanks for starting this post, JeffP.

Hey Cozy, it'll be good to see you.

As far as the turf, it's the new kind (forget what's it's called). Very soft and great to march on.

As far as the turf, it's the new kind (forget what's it's called). Very soft and great to march on.

In the words of Eric Cartman, "Kick A_s". B)

Looks like I posted to the wrong thread. This more appropriately belongs here. Sorry for the duplication.

We plan on going to our first DCA event this weekend. Only drawback is the extreme heat. We have 2 to pick from here in Georgia. One is about an hour away, but is in the evening when it will be cooler. The other is only about 10 minutes away, but is in the heat of the afternoon. Ugh. Tough choice. We'd like to support our local corps (believe we know a couple of kids in the corps), but unfortunately, the heat may drive us away. We had planned on bringing another couple or two, but again, the heat may be prohibitive.

Yipes. Only a week ago, we traveled North and moved from 113 degrees in VA to 62 degrees in NJ. At one point in the trip, we watched the temperature drop over 20 degrees in about 20 minutes. Thought maybe we were in a climactic shift and would have to take refuge in the NY library and wait it out. It was eerie.

Good luck to the performers. It's going to be a dog of a day.