Div. II/III Cds

I saw that DCI is now taking pre oders for all CDs and DVDs. THough I did see the Div. II/III DVDs listed, I failed to find the listing for the CDs.

Would anyone currently in the game knows if these are being sold this year? ...or what's going on? What's the scoop?

I saw that DCI is now taking pre oders for all CDs and DVDs. THough I did see the Div. II/III DVDs listed, I failed to find the listing for the CDs.

Would anyone currently in the game knows if these are being sold this year? ...or what's going on? What's the scoop?

This wouldn't be the first time DCI didn't offer II/III CDs when recordings were first made available. There's been at least one occurrence where the demand was high enough later in the off-season that II/III CDs were added to the store.

In short, time to email DCI.

In short, time to email DCI.

Yes, PLEASE DO!!!!!!! everyone

Anyways, I did get a response. CDs won't be produced this year, but will be available as APDs... though when, I'm not sure.

This is a tad ridiculous I think. The Division I CD is selling for $19.00.

An APD costs 3.49 to download. There were 13 corps in finals this year. 3.49 x 13 = $45.37

So, if we want the audio recordings of the Division II & III finals performances, we have to pay 42% more than what we would be paying for the Division I finals performances.

:grouphug:

I can't express how angry this makes me feel. I've been buying these CDs every year for the past 4 years (the DVDs too).

Anyways, I did get a response. CDs won't be produced this year, but will be available as APDs... though when, I'm not sure.

An APD costs 3.49 to download. There were 13 corps in finals this year. 3.49 x 13 = $45.37

So, if we want the audio recordings of the Division II & III finals performances, we have to pay 42% more than what we would be paying for the Division I finals performances.

:grouphug:

I can't express how angry this makes me feel. I've been buying these CDs every year for the past 4 years (the DVDs too).

Actually, it would be about 150% more.

Actually, it would be about 150% more.

which is why I teach English, and not math :P

:ph34r:

<**> The most ridiculous part is that they will not have the costs of manufacturing the CD's, the "covers", and the cost of shipping them from the manufacturing facility to the DCI warehouse on the Div II/III recordings. Maybe if everyone bugs them enough, they will offer a "package" APD deal of $19.00 if you buy all (13) Div II/III finals performances....

is there any reason why no cds this year? as an active member of a div ii/iii corps, this makes me very angry. of all years i marched, this is the one i want to remember the most. we talked all season about putting on the best performance and then getting our cd and being able to show it to my friends and say look what i did.

these days, the only way to make a cd is to march a top 12 div I. we work just as hard as they do, we should be rewarded some of the spotlight as well.

I'm fairly certain that DCI sees no profit from the sale of APD's, but that all proceeds go to the corps itself. I could be mistaken, but that was my impression.

I would just like a higher quality recording than the APD's. APD's are unedited, and have some balance problems due to microphone placement. In order to hear the correct balance, the recordings have to be balanced by a person who knows what he's doing.

Quite honestly, I'm not looking forward to the DVD, either. The audio from the 2006 Div II/III DVD's was subpar, and the camera editing is terrible. Personally, I, as well as many other members from my corps whom I've spoken with, would prefer the high cam option as opposed to the multicam. The multicam's not a bad option, but for Div II/III it seems as though it's just thrown together randomly. For example, during our show the camera focused on guard members who were moving off the field to change equipment during the percussion feature. The camera was trained on the guard, who weren't performing any work, for a good 4 or 5 seconds, while the percussion was playing their feature and the horns were performing their drill.

There are many drill moves from last year which I will most likely never see, simply because the camera cut to something happening which, quite frankly, was not at all what was meant to be focused on.

I would be very content if there was the option to download the highcam video's directly from DCI.