Cadets members, post your thoughts here.

Eh, it sounds like you knew your show was controversial and was going to be ctiticized wildly and you still chose to march there. Why do you act all upset when people actually do what you expected them to? If it hurts you so much to have people boo your corps then go march a show that isn't setting you up for such.

I'm not saying don't march Cadets...just after last year you would think you would know what you were getting into well before the season started. I have 0 sympathy for any of the Cadets because they knew they were going to get booed at some point this season according to what I have heard on these very forums from members. Suck it up...if you want to march there you are gonna have to get a thicker skin.

no...being booed and being criticized are two completely different things. In 2006 we didnt get much of a crowd reaction which i completely understood, becuase we had a very controversial show. This year we still were criticized a lot because of narration, which we would all be well aware of, but we got more cheers because of what our drum corps was trying to pull off from the non narration side of things. But the boos and uglyness we recieved from the stands on thursday night were like something out of WWE. It wasnt just a we-dont-like narration crowd....it was something much nastier. the boos and the comments we heard from ppl in those stands were something i never imagined in a drum corps setting....that wasnt what i signed up for. We're not million dollar athletes getting paid to be involved in a blood bath. We're just kids wanting to play music and perform at the highest level possible.

Edited by thePerfectbuzz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the outcome of finals and the season....it ended the way it was supposed to end. Whether were going to win or not, we brought our best stuff we had to offer both friday and saturday night, and it was up to 8 judges to crown a winner....nothing anyone else could control. Neither placement would have overshadowed the work and memories that went into this summer...and this was the best summer I could've possibly asked for regardless of that final number was.

Dude - you have class!

The Cadets are and have always been a class act. Thank you PerfectBuzz.