Now that 2007 is one for the books....

I guess I'll start from the top.

Blue Devils: Best ever.(learn to read, I said amongst the best ever, considering I saw them live every year since 1979, I can mean anywhere in the top fifteen) I hope you mean best in like 4 years. This is not even among there(learn english) best. In fact I don't even think it is in there (learn english)top 12 meaning it was not even among one of their championship performances. Your telling me it ranks with 99,97,94,or even 93 which had a sick hornline but could not march. WOW if I was a BD alum(Thang God for small favors) I would be offended by your statements.

Glassmen: Are you kidding me? I really hope you just through thee(oops!) name there. DID you even compare it to any year like 98(snore....) or 99? 99 Was the cleanest glassmen ever marched ever. People used to come watch their basic block before shows. Even 2000 and 2001 were light years better than this year, but holding 2007 gmen it in the same breath as 99 and 98 is an embarassment on your part. (Yes, I must run and hide now)

Phantom and SCV also have had way better shows and this one should not be held in the same breath with their others. um phantom 89,93,96. SCV all there(oops! you did it again) shows from the 70's and 87,88,89 and 99. This years shows from both these corps not even in same breath as those years for them.(too bad you didnt witness them live, again reading comprehension)

Obvious your a Cadet hater,(No, just some arrogant fans) but this was probably the Best Cadet show(hardly) along with performance not to win a championship ever along with Cadets 92. Not the best show though they have ever done but up there but might have been the best performance night in and night out.

You need to know your history before you make such assumptions bro.(dont make any assumptions just offer my qualified opinion, been in the activity sine 1979, marched from 79-83, and 87. Havent missed a finals since 1980..)

The only one I'll give you credit for (Thanks, your opinion means so much, but if you agree with me ? What does that say about you ???)is Carolina Crown and the Colts. I actually think Might be the best two shows they ever had.

I see reading comprehension is not your strong point.

Not that I care what you think, I said "among" best ever egarding certain shows. .

Oh, how I could answer you if only there were no guidelines, but in reality you and your assumptions and lack of socail skills would lead this down a path not many would like to go.

Boy, Im so stupid ! I need to learn my history I have no clue what I am talking about. Im glad you told me so , maybe I can seek some help and get some advice and step it up.

Cadet hater ? With fans like you it makes it simple, really simple to do so and not have any desire to prove otherwise.

And please, learn YOUR history, throwing out years and trying to prove your case over someone elses OPINION really makes you look like what you are......this I believe.

~G~, who really needs to learn his history "bro" LOL LOL

btw, Blue Devils won brass in 2001, and rightfully so !

Edited by GMichael1230

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While this might have been one of the most competitive years in recent history, I don't think it will go down as a particularly memorable one. I enjoyed many, if not most, of the shows but can't really think of one that I would put in my list of all-time favorites.

With the stepped up competition this year and the division I slate delivering such high quality and memorable shows, do any of this years offering rank among your favorite or best of all time ??

For me, many of the corps had "Franchise", or best ever shows including: Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Colts, Pacific Crest.

Some others are definetely among their best ever: Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, SCV, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Blue Stars, Southwind.

Making my all time list,just not sure where yet are easily: Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, SCV, Colts, and Glassmen.

And what were your favorite shows of the season, regardless of placement :

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. SCV

4. Bluecoats

5. Colts

6. Madison Scouts

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Glassmen

9. Blue Knights

10. Cavaliers

~G~

Amazing! Your ranking is very close to mine.I would put Crossmen in 8-10.It was the best year ever ,top to bottom.DCI should sell a record number of videos.The fatal flaw of the Cadet show is that there did not seem to be any connection betweeen the theme ,narration and the music and visual.Thought there might have been a little too much reputation bias with the judges this year.

Frank

While this might have been one of the most competitive years in recent history, I don't think it will go down as a particularly memorable one. I enjoyed many, if not most, of the shows but can't really think of one that I would put in my list of all-time favorites.

Generally agree. With the exception of SCV, there weren't really any shows that struck me as perfectly balanced between the visual and musical elements, with most either being notably stronger in one than the other, or well-balanced - but unremarkable.

2007 Carolina Crown. Guaranteed that'll make my list.

Bluecoats, Phantom, Cadets most likely will as well.

I think these five shows will be my most listened to from 2007 in the future.

Triple Crown

Criminal

A Picasso Suite

On Air

Winged Victory

Edited by Harmonious Cacophony

Well, in my opinion (and I won't defend it or explain it - I've been a fan since '72), in terms of entertainment, I'm thinking about which shows I will watch most often on the DVD. Please note that I fully appreciate the effort that each corps put into their performances and the skill and expertise of each individual member. What will I watch most often:

1. Bluecoats - great show design, complete concept

2. Phantom - musically and emotionally, the best show on the field (can't wait to blast this one in surround sound)

3. Crown - great design, good concept, great guard

4. SCV - great arrangement of Ravel, nice drill

5. Colts - nice music and arrangements

My thinking is similar. I found Phantom, Cavies and BD much more enjoyable to watch last season. Crown I know had an awesome product in '06, but '07 will really stick in my head more.

Although most won't be at the top of my favorites for each corps these ones will make top 5 per corps.

SCV - 4th (99, 89, 03, 07, 04, 06)

Phantom - 2nd next to 06 (06, 07, 89, 03, 05)

Madison - 2nd (05, 07, 03, 95, 96, 88)

Colts - 1st (07)

Crown - close between 07 and 06 but I'd say 07, 1st (07, 06)

Bluecoats - 2nd (05, 07)

Cadets - 5th (05, 00, 97, 84, 07)