FIRST TIME EVER?

Actually you'd have to alllllll the way back to 2005 to find the last time all Div. II corps attending prelims made finals. And here I was thinking you knew everything there was to know about drum corps.

Is this the first time that all Div. II corps attending prelims made finals?

Is this the first time that all Div. II corps attending prelims made finals?

I can't help but think that this is not a good sign for the future of Div II corps. This means that it is because of the small number of corps in prelims that lead to this. I remember going to DCA championships when there were 11 or 12 corps in prelims and 10 made finals. DCA corps bounced back with their second division and now there is a full slate of both divisions. Hopefully this will be the case with Div II/III as well.

Or maybe it is because the rule was changed a few years back allowing Division 3 corps to be well over 60 members. Had that rule still been in effect there would have been at least 2- 3 more Division 2 corps.

quote name='Legolaus' date='Aug 17 2007, 02:38 PM' post='1988453']

I can't help but think that this is not a good sign for the future of Div II corps. This means that it is because of the small number of corps in prelims that lead to this. I remember going to DCA championships when there were 11 or 12 corps in prelims and 10 made finals. DCA corps bounced back with their second division and now there is a full slate of both divisions. Hopefully this will be the case with Div II/III as well.

if they make more corps in other states that don't have any corps in a big area i bet they would have huge numbers. Put another one in MI or somewhere that has a lot of people with no corps to go to.

if they make more corps in other states that don't have any corps in a big area i bet they would have huge numbers. Put another one in MI or somewhere that has a lot of people with no corps to go to.

Easyier said than done. You cant just sprout a drum corps out of thin air. Michigan may have good bands but look whats happend to the corps who called MI there home. They are gone. Ill count the Americanos that called Mi home, seeing that that was a majority of there membership base in 2005. MI is cursed land for Corps. it has the "M" word all over it.

Easyier said than done. You cant just sprout a drum corps out of thin air. Michigan may have good bands but look whats happend to the corps who called MI there home. They are gone. Ill count the Americanos that called Mi home, seeing that that was a majority of there membership base in 2005. MI is cursed land for Corps. it has the "M" word all over it.

Dimensions started but i think folded. Currently Lakeshoremen are alive and so are Legends. Hopefully legends can show the DC world that michigan isn't cursed b**bs

I've heard words of another corps coming out of MI within the next 5 or so years...currently that organization has a brass and percussion ensemble competing in the colorguard circuit. Apparently they are hoping to grow into the outdoor forum...I'll believe it when I see it.