FIRST TIME EVER?

Easyier said than done. You cant just sprout a drum corps out of thin air. Michigan may have good bands but look whats happend to the corps who called MI there home. They are gone. Ill count the Americanos that called Mi home, seeing that that was a majority of there membership base in 2005. MI is cursed land for Corps. it has the "M" word all over it.

I'm pretty sure the Americanos came out of Wsconsin.

• 1 month later...
Guest Myusik4Jakassez
if they make more corps in other states that don't have any corps in a big area i bet they would have huge numbers. Put another one in MI or somewhere that has a lot of people with no corps to go to.

I think DCI should stick to its name: INTERNATIONAL! I know there are some corps like Yokohama Scouts that compete in DCI, but they're in a separate division that has only one corps per year if they're lucky. I think DCI should reach out more to other countries, maybe even hold Championships in other countries. Yeah it could be more expensive for each corps, but think of how big DCI would get if the entire world was involved in it!

I think DCI should stick to its name: INTERNATIONAL! I know there are some corps like Yokohama Scouts that compete in DCI, but they're in a separate division that has only one corps per year if they're lucky. I think DCI should reach out more to other countries, maybe even hold Championships in other countries. Yeah it could be more expensive for each corps, but think of how big DCI would get if the entire world was involved in it!

I believe the Yokohama Scouts (or any overseas drum corps) may enter any DCI division (World or Open) as long as they meet the DCI requirements/rules. Otherwise, they may compete in the "International" division.

Tapei Yafu competed in Division III in 2005 and took 1st place. They had applied to compete in that division and met the requirements/rules to do so.

I, too, would love to see more drum corps from Asia, Europe and Africa come join the north American tour.

-GM

The international division exists because most international corps don't conform to DCI rules. It's only really possible if there's some give and take, and I don't think DCI is willing to give. As far as Yokohama Scouts goes, their oldest member this year: 29.

I believe the Yokohama Scouts (or any overseas drum corps) may enter any DCI division (World or Open) as long as they meet the DCI requirements/rules. Otherwise, they may compete in the "International" division.

Tapei Yafu competed in Division III in 2005 and took 1st place. They had applied to compete in that division and met the requirements/rules to do so.

I, too, would love to see more drum corps from Asia, Europe and Africa come join the north American tour.

-GM

I thought Raiders won in 2005?

I thought Raiders won in 2005?

You're right. My mistake.

What I meat to say was, Tapei Yafu took 2nd place with an 87.6 with Raiders pulling out the win with an 87.75 in Division Finals.

My selective memory remembered how Tapei was 1st after prelims but Raiders passed them in Division Finals to take the lead.

Bad memory! :blush:

-GM