It's time to be off to College Marching Band

It just aint the same. It's like comparing apples and ... and... something really different from apples.

hand grenades...or yo mamma's wonderbra :grouphug:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Politically Incorrect]

My dad was a HS band director and a lead judge quite often in the 80's for MBA (Marching Bands of America) He used to tell me that most High School bands could have their music score improved by at least three points by somebody in the stands with a sniper rifle and one bullet to take out the "lead" trumpet. ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

[/Politically Incorrect]

Yeah whatever...and let's hope your dad would never get in my way on the field :P

I wish I had a better attitude when I moved in for freshman year...

Taking everything up the octave is difficult, especially when you play the sousaphone (argh, sorry to say that word on a DCP forum...)

Just my two cents. Probably the same two as everyone else, but just minted in a different place:

1. Sometimes it's nice to go to a place where you aren't the guy. I went from winning a Div. I title to marching with a really bad college marching band. I wasn't the section leader, and I felt it really refreshing to let the section leader do as he saw fit. If someone asked me a question about the section, it was nice to point to him and not have to be on.

2. Hopefully your football team is good. If they are, then there is nothing like a crazy football crowd od 60,000+. Not even a DCI Finals crowd. If your football team is bad, then chances are you are the best thing in the stadium. Even if you are in a really bad band. Either way, it's a win-win.

3. College marching bands are glorified garage bands. Period.