What is the biggest story from 2007?

What is the biggest story from the 2007 season?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to reflect and vote!

• Capital Regiment going inactive for the year
    • Return of the Troopers
    • Madison's very low start (and continual rise for the rest of the season)
    • Crossmen moving to Texas
    • Academy's debut (and strong performance) in Division One
    • Phantom Regiment guard being fully coed
    • .8 separation between Bluecoats/Crown/SCV/Phantom Regiment
    • Cadets use of narration (and getting booed at Semifinals)
    • Bluedevils capturing first place
    • Colts strong performance
    • The number of new uniforms
    • Other (please share!)

You are certainly correct about stars audience reaction being such a big deal because they left the next year. I honestly dont think the cadets will be around much longer if they continue on this path, since judging by the majority reaction...dci doesnt really want it (what...i said that? :doh: ). Oh yeah, and if the cadets leave, people will blame hop for taking a great corps from the activity (when they've been asking him to leave all along).... :P
I am just now recalling that after the '93 season there was some sort of rumor floating around about The Cadets of Bergen County leaving DCI to do . . . something. I really have no idea what it was. No idea how such a rumor started either.

I don't really see the Cadets as anything like Star. I won't believe they are leaving DCI until I actually see it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question the BIGGEST story for the 2007 season was the competition for the top 7 spots AND the 6 or so corps trying for the last 2 spots in Finals. Never seen anything like it.

The other BIG stories for 2007 (and I say big because this kind of stuff just DOESN'T happen in DCI) is the CROSSMEN move half way across the country and the resurrection of VELVET KNIGHTS.

Not the biggest but still a big story of 2007.. it was great to see the Trooper's return stronger than ever.

BackBeat

Standing ovations everywhere for Casper Troopers. What an amazing "Awakening". Get out of the way, DCI -- The Troopers are in it to win!!! My vote is in -- and I'm far from alone. (So many of the normal people don't get on these websites and spew.)