• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so what happened???

Well, as a performer, show was good, crowd was a little small for my tastes but it was still good. Field felt nice but set up was a tiny bit weird with the 3rd baseline being the front sideline. I only watched the opening of Brigs and heard Empire from outside and walked in as their show came to an end, they got the biggest ovation of the night IMO. As for me, my corps had an excellent show and we were pleased with our progress and our score despite the penalty. Other than that, overall it was good show, congrats to Empire for the win and the Brigs for being excellent hosts.

OK I'm done

impressed with everyone i saw!

<Removed>

It was ultimately my decision to remove my review based on the circumstances that some might consider the fact that I volunteer for the Sunrisers a conflict of interests or that my review may be underhanded or biased. Although this is not the case, I'd rather not start anymore problems for myself, or misrepresent the corps in this way.

Edited by Contraholic

Empire Statesmen - Most entertaining corps of the night. Hands down. Had the crowd on their feet from the get-go. Sometimes the virtuoso soloists are a bit much, even for me. But at least it's better than last year's scream fest. I was digging the show. Entertaining as hell, but it would be nice to see more dynamic levels than loud, louder, and "oh my God, was that a low flying jet?"!!! I guess what I'm trying to say, is I love the show, but I'd just like to see something more musical from a corps this talented.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

This was definitly a fun crowd to play for, and there was a lot of energy on the field.

From talking to some Fusion Corps members I learned about how this is thier first year out and all, and I have to say it was really cool that they were able to come so far for a show. I just want to wish them good luck this season! I can't even emagine how challenging - and yet how educational and fun - it can be to start a new corps from scratch.

heather - wanna say thanks to you and the rest of the pit for the kind words when we were coming off the field from retreat ... it did not go unnoticed, i know the drumline was just focused and at attention as we marched back to the truck ....

Removed because aparently it is thought that I am incapable of reviewing the corps without bias, even though I am nothing more than a supporter this year.

Yes, I'm bitter.

I cought your review before you removed it and didn't see anything wrong with it at all. I enjoyed hearing what someone in the croud thought of the performance. Particularly because I didn't have anyone in the audience particularly there to support "me." Lots of Empire fans there, but unfortunately my family did not make it to the show. I, for one, appreciated your comments, and found nothing distasteful about what you said about any of the corps. Please re-consider your ability to write reviews (I know i'm not the only one out there that liked it!) So, I personally thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I feel fortunate to have been able to read it before it was taken down.

To the readers,

I wish people would just stop taking offense to the things that fans write. Its their opinion, and they are entitled to it. This is why people don't write reviews anymore. Its called constructive criticism. This guy did not write anything in his review as a personal attack on anyone. Its not like he wrote what the guy in the scranton review did saying "all the other corps just suck." He was very professional and honest. I don't know about you, but reading reviews is about the only reason I log onto this website. I'm guessing it takes alot of time and effort to write reviews, appreciate them for what they are... opinions... and written for free.

Sorry to rant about that, but I find it disappointing that people in "adult" corps act so childish sometimes.

Patrick

Edited by Patrick_D

Removed because aparently it is thought that I am incapable of reviewing the corps without bias, even though I am nothing more than a supporter this year.

Yes, I'm bitter.

I read the review and saw nothing wrong. Look, I read a review about the TOTO IV album back in the early 80's and the guy hated it. I bought the album and loved it! It won Grammy awards...who was right there?