Blue Devils uniform question

So in case no one has posted this in great detail, or someone's just too lazy to look it up ^_^ , I'll endulge.

First of all, unlike most other corps, our bibbers are the first layer you put on. Most corps put on shirts under the bibbers, but it's a much cleaner look and feel if you don't. The "rubber" shirts are basically lycra material that preceeded everyone going to Under Armour. It's short so that you don't see it hanging out from under the jacket (since we do wear our shirts ON TOP of our bibbers). As part of the uniform design the jackets are very short to make us appear taller from a distance, which is why they look like cut offs, but aren't.

The details have varied over the past few year with a lot of uniform changes but in the 04, 05 uniforms there was only a jacket on top of the shirt and bibbers. Before and after that, there were vests. They basically looked like halter tops with variations on the sequence and had a bra-like enclosure in the back. Actually, you did have to put it on like a bra. Weird for us guys....yeah, I won't go there. Then the jacket with the "check" goes on top. So if you look closely at some 99-03 photos, you'll see that the vest is black or a black gradient and the jacket is blue with the silver check. The silver is actually attached to the jacket. Now it's basically the same as the vest so you can't tell that easily. Also, the jacket is a front enclosure with velcro - that is so freaking handy. Going to blacks or suiting up is super easy and you don't need a friend to help you from behind. (I'll try to refrain from cracking a joke)

Basically, the Blue Devils modern uniform, complete with MTX's, is the coolest and best designed uniform for comfort out there.

There's your answer.

Straight from the BD Forums.

This reminds me of an 'incident' I had I think somewhere in the middle of Iowa.

Back when I was marching I grew a bit from one season to another... but had the same uniform... and the pants were pretty tight. The pants also had these elastic stirrups that went under the feet to keep them pulled down... but these things also had a way of pulling your underwear in to give you the most hardcore wedgie imaginable.

I couldn't deal with it anymore, and just decided to go commando until we could dig up some other pants.

Anyway, we had won a show and had a victory gig after. The stadium was a bit funky, so, I had to jump up into the stands to conduct the run. As I put my leg up to climb over the railing, I heard a pretty loud rip... and things suddenly felt A LOT cooler.

That was one tough run to get through and maintain composure.

Today they wear a rubber-type sweat resistant shirt underneath the top of the bibbet, then there is a black sequin vest-like thing, then the jacket.

They've worn those since 94, whenever they did the total uniform make over!

I never got the answer I was looking for. The kept referring to under the pants and stuff I didn't understand. That whole topic was them having a conversation to themselves.

I don't understand why you can't answer the question instead of being little miss detective.

I let the people who have worn the short black rubber like shirts answer your question. I figured they were better qualified.

I'm just a Mom who has washed a few of them a time or two, not a "little miss detective".

You got the answer to your question, more than once on both boards. You just need to look beyond all the conversations amongst themselves, and the 'perv' comments.

I'm just a Mom who has washed a few of them a time or two, not a "little miss detective".

I'm sorry, those things smelled so bad! But THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :ph34r::beer:

Oh, btw, we used this show called Vipers last year, did they switch back? I'm not sure if they did the Vipers were brand new.

I'm sorry, those things smelled so bad! But THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :ph34r::beer:

Oh, btw, we used this show called Vipers last year, did they switch back? I'm not sure if they did the Vipers were brand new.

Oh, I don't know how worthy I am. :beer:

It was just a few, a few years ago, when the housing site was my son's high school, and he got to sleep in his own bed and have Mom wash the dirty stuff while they were here. B)

Edited by EuphoniMom