South St. Paul Review?

...from the back, they looked good.

JOHN! :doh:

Edited by Roark1

We arrived to the sounds of the Chops drum line playing on a hill, with my brother in front leading the charge. "WHA WHA SNARES!!!" I think Mike thought if they warmed up long enough the rain would get boared and go away. WRONG!, so the Govies offically blame Chops for the rain.

The brotherly love is so touching! :P

Nice review John. It brings back memories of the best part of the weekend.

Well Stuie, nice review. I'm glad someone seems to have fun not taking drum corps too serious.

Not trying to take away any of Stu's thunder, but here what I saw.

"AQUAFEST!!!!!"

The evening started by us (Govies) giving our new friends (Frontier) a ride in our new (used) bus "Shaky", all was well untill we noticed shaky has no lights, but who needs lights in the rain? :doh: Since we are not far away from the show site, we figure we will fix it later, which is what happend, thanks to the Tuna man and a pocket screwdriver. We arrived to the sounds of the Chops drum line playing on a hill, with my brother in front leading the charge. "WHA WHA SNARES!!!" I think Mike thought if they warmed up long enough the rain would get boared and go away. WRONG!, so the Govies offically blame Chops for the rain.

I'm sorry for blamming MBI for that whole rain thing :P

First on Chops, we were behind them so I did not catch to much, but the drums sounded good.

next up the Govies, and away we go. We had fun, got wet, and made a few people smile, good job. I dedicated our last song to MBI director Ann Jones who probly needed drink instead of a song but thats all I had at the time b**bs

next up Lake Shore----nice drums, good tunes.

Lights get fixed, no break lights "CARP!!!!!!!!"

Next up Frontier, I know they brought the rain with them. Nice horn line!!! new Unis, and they did well.

Now at this point of the show, we decied to send an early bus home, half Frontier half Govies. Bus is dead, parked on hill, low on fuel

Next up "THE KILTS!!" saw my friend J.C. and my arch enemy "The original" El Group-o :mmm:(soon my friend, soon) . The kilts seemed to be in good spirits and from the back, they looked good.

New plan for bus, roll bus to flat spot, Hope/pray it starts, CARP! no go, now bus is blocking street. One of the charter bus drivers comes over and lets us know what he thinks of the situation, needless to say he did not help by pointing out the obvious, and after a few more negitive comments he got tired of being negitive, and went a way. Thank God!!!-----------need new plan, push bus to curb. Bus is dead and out of the way.

MBI rounded out the night with a nice show, and sounded good as well.

Scores announced, and we start with a tie

FREE BEER< who can name the last tie at any DCA event.

"Abandon bus" was anounced for the second time this year, lets go home and worry about it later, and by god that worked!

Now we need to get 2 loads of people on Magic bus 2 (get your picture taken with it at DCA) everyone gets a seat except 7, close enough, lets head for the barn.

New record was set on the way home. not 1, not 2, but 3 chicks can't hold it, and we ain't stopping, so to the stair well,"we need a garbage bag", "again?" "Ya and 1 more after that" I'm not sure what the ladys name was from Frontier, but she is drum corps matieral in my book.

It rained all the way home, I swear we got hit by lightning, we need to fix some leaks, but we made it home safe, and then the party started.

Piolet finds me and wants to put in a DVD of Madison Alumni, can't find DVD, "Lets try it again later"

Lots of Kilts, Frontier, Govies, and Lake shore, everyone had fun, and the bar sprung it's own leak(s) to add to the fun of "AQUAFEST"!

Last call found me around J.C., we have fixed every problem any drum corps has ever had, life is good!

New record was set on the way home. not 1, not 2, but 3 chicks can't hold it, and we ain't stopping, so to the stair well,"we need a garbage bag", "again?" "Ya and 1 more after that" I'm not sure what the ladys name was from Frontier, but she is drum corps matieral in my book.

She was trained well by a National Champion SHRINER .... And it was not FRITZ !