East Coast Jazz returning for 2008

**ok boys and girls, lets allll be PC so we dont offend everyone**

this goes for all*

#1 when you read my post, dont add your own little flare to it and then pass it on as my own words.

#2 if your trying to burn my corps as well as me, im more than entitled to defend myself and my corps

#3 stop being so PC, if my mannors offend you ..you can press the button to ignore my posts... deal with it

Look Eric, I didn't quote your words in my responce, my comments are mine and I didn't pass them on as your words,............I am not trying to burn your corps, I am a jazz fan that is loosing faith in the effort with the likes of you stinking up the area,...........and finally, jazz or scouts, these corps are/were in the business of growing young men and women, you seem to have come out with the short straw, and haven't learned much,......................oh yeah, and you can't spell either,..........teacher?,.............riiiight..............

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize to all those DCP members who feel that as the DM I "jumped the gun"

My experiences outside the Drum Corps realm have afforded me the knowledge neccessary as a leader and effective manager whether on or off the field.

Through all the doubt and pre-cautions I ask for your continued support for the organization...

DAVE GRIST JOINS MANAGEMENT TEAM

East Coast Jazz welcomes Dave Grist of Rhode Island who will serve in the capacity of Corps Director/Tour Director for 2008.

Dave is a long time drum corps fan who has striven to develop a junior corps in Rhode Island. Given the opening available on the management team of the East Coast Jazz, and his desire to see this world champion caliber drum corps back on the field, Dave decided his efforts could best be put to use assisting Tom Chopelas with the revival of The East Coast Jazz.

Grist will be responsible for much of the day to day operations of the corps and will be on tour with the Jazz in 2008 managing the activities of a DCI touring drum corps.

"I am very enthusiastic about the East Coast Jazz and will dedicate my energies to the revival of this wonderful drum corps", said Mr. Grist.

PLEASE REFER TO THE ORGANIZATION WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND UPDATES.

(http://www.eastcoastjazz.org/index.html)

All of the antagonism needs to cease, or this thread will close.

Thanks. Play nice.

I apologize if anything I am posting sounds like antagonism. My point is only to get a certain poster to back up his statements with facts. After all, this board does frown on "hearsay", right?

DSB, are you kidding me??? go read that post again.. seriously do i have to spell it out for you?

Alright look. Your post ONLY provided us with proof that certain people who posted positively were people WHO ARE OR HAVE been affiliated with the orginization.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!

I ASKED FOR...

PROOF that the people who posted negatively ARE NOT AND HAVE NOT been affiliated with the orginization...because THAT is what you said you could back up.

But that is NOT what your post provided.... Your post provided the OPPOSITE! So I'm still waiting.

And I am NOT trying to antagonize you. I'm trying to prove a point that there is NO WAY to prove that an anonymous person on this board has never been affiliated with ECJ. So don't say that you can. That's called LYING!

Edited by dsb2007

perhaps what your take on being negative is different than mine because i know a good portion of the people on this thread. i know their place within the corps. and aside from what some of the staff and alum have posted about uncertainty of them coming back i know to take it with a grain of salt because i know they care about the corps as well. and im not about to rat out the staff.. ...that would be stupid.. if they want to be known theyll speak for themselves. by saying random people i mean those who arent affiliated.. i thought i was pretty clear about that.

and you can find evidence of backgrounds by simply looking up other posts or the fact that some have stated they havent been affiliated.. im not going to dig through 100000 of posts to tickle your fancy. so chill out.

i have nothing to prove to you nor do i have anything further to say to you... just leave me alone

Edited by erictuba16

perhaps what your take on being negative is different than mine because i know a good portion of the people on this thread. i know their place within the corps. and aside from what some of the staff and alum have posted about uncertainty of them coming back i know to take it with a grain of salt because i know they care about the corps as well. and im not about to rat out the staff.. ...that would be stupid.. if they want to be known theyll speak for themselves. by saying random people i mean those who arent affiliated.. i thought i was pretty clear about that.

CRYSTAL CLEAR! But you are not getting MY point.

My question is...how do you KNOW that those people who you THINK are not affiliated...are really NOT affiliated?

The true answer...(since I'll never get it out of you)....YOU DON'T know! There is no possible way you could know such a thing.

Discussion over!

Edited by dsb2007

CRYSTAL CLEAR! But you are not getting MY point.

My question is...how do you KNOW that those people who you THINK are not affiliated...are really NOT affiliated?

The true answer...(since I'll never get it out of you)....YOU DON'T know! There is no possible way you could know such a thing.

Discussion over!

YES you showed him <**>

YES you showed him <**>

Look. Am I really such a bad guy for suggesting that someone simply back up their statements if they are going to call them fact? I mean really. Am I asking too much? All I am trying to do is shut down hearsay for the sake of truth. :rolleyes: