NEW ALL-AGE CORPS STAFF MEETING

Hope all went well. I couldn't attend due to a death in the family last night but am interested in how things progressed.

Oh wow...my condolences....yeah, that has BIG time priority over a drum corps meeting!

I'll write up a report after I get back from grocery shopping.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K...a QUICK recap of the meeting.

Attendees: Total 8 plus one guest reporting for DCWorld. A low turnout, but 4 people who had panned to come were unable to do so for various rea\sons....plus the weather was DCA Prelims 2006 revisited!

A small initial meeting to be sure, but no one got lost on the way there!

Discussions held on a number of issues, but the practical upshot...

1) we STILL have no official name -- well...we had some ideas, but none of them are really suitable for polite conversation! (kinda like some names in San Diego's over the Line tourney)...so Team Blue is still the WORKING name until we finalize it.

2) I went over teh basic corps philosophy...entertaining teh crowd over all else, being inclusive of people who want to be with us, the desire to grow our creative team fro within instead of going to outside sources, etc.

3) A provisional BOD was selected until we can finalize it...I am Board President, Cliff DeArment (Marimbasaurusrex) is teh VP, and Dr. Dave Tautkus -- band director at Kennedy HS -- is the Sec/treasurer. As I am taking the corps director slot, I will only hold the Prez position until smoeone else can fill the slot, since it would be a BIG conflict of interest if I held both positions.

4) Discussion held on issues like obtaining an auto defib unit in came of medical emergency, non-profit status, equipment issues (a possible solution was mentioned by Cliff, but i don't want to go into specifics just yet)

5) Member fees are tentatively $250 with a minimal SoCal only show schedule

6) tentative rehearsal schedule, show and uniform discussed....an old idea from Nightfire came up that we may want to look into.

as this was basically a get-your-feet-wet meeting, I was pleased at the turnout and what we DID discuss....next meeting is October 7 at 1pm at Kennedy HS....a more formal notice will go out soon.

Yes....not a LOT happened.....but as I said before...you have to start somewhere

I'm glad all went well, Sam.

Cliff DeArment (Marimbasaurusrex) is teh VP,

Cliff is on board?,.......................way cool,..................I know he will add more than tons to the overall program....................Cliff is one of the few folks from Erie that headed out to La La Land many years ago, and continues to make his life there,.................I saw him for the first time in decades over the 4th of July holiday this year, and it is great to hear and see he is still very interested in the drum corps activity, he is a very talented and inovative writer, performer and teacher, (and has a pretty cool website that is worth the visit)...............he's a keeper!

Cliff is on board?,.......................way cool,..................I know he will add more than tons to the overall program....................Cliff is one of the few folks from Erie that headed out to La La Land many years ago, and continues to make his life there,.................I saw him for the first time in decades over the 4th of July holiday this year, and it is great to hear and see he is still very interested in the drum corps activity, he is a very talented and inovative writer, performer and teacher, (and has a pretty cool website that is worth the visit)...............he's a keeper!

Heh...didn;t hurt that he lives less than a mile from the school!