Harry Heidelmark

Thank you very much Garry!

That was a wonderful gesture, and we're grateful that you took the time, and made the effort to reach out to Harry and Bonnie, on our behalf.

And you had never even met him!!!

Also, thanks for the update! It's great to hear that Harry is doing much better!

It's people like you that make me so proud, and honored to be a part of this great family of ours! I've always considered it a huge blessing, but every so often I am reminded about why we're so blessed to be involved in drum corps!

And you have demonstrated this to me, once again, in a very impressive way!

Thanks again!

Jim

I couldn't agree more, Jim.

Thank you Gary for showing the love to our brother Bridgemen. I know my PM got to you a bit too late, please pass it along to Harry anyway, would you?

Drum corps can be such a beautiful thing when we remember how special it is to be part of this great family.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the update on Harry.

Harry's a great guy...I'm so sorry to hear this news about him.

I hope and pray he's back on his feet and taking pictures at drum corps shows soon.

Fran

Just got back from seeing Harry and Bonnie. Here's more of the story.

Harry has no recollection of Friday with the corps, or the trip to Disneyland at all, nor any of the drive to Primm, at the CA/NV border. When Roman got back to the room he couldn;t wake Harry all the way. Bonnie told him on the cell phone to get him to a hospital.

St. rose is probably the best hospital in Las Vegas, so he's in excellent ands. Things got a littlew dicey (pardon the oun) on Saturday. They had to pump fluids into him to stabilize his blood sugar and get his kidneys working again. He pretty much had a diabetic episode, combined with dehydration and renal failure. IOW, he was lucky to be alive. He did spend a little time on a respirator and did one day of dialysis.

He will still need acute rehab when he gets home, so this will take a while to recover from completely. But his sttitude is great, they are hoping to head home by September 1st. His progress will dictate the actual date.

Your messages were the best medicine he could get. Though we'd never met, when I told him why I was there and what I had brought, there was a twinkle in his eye.

Through all of our differing opinions about what drum corps is or how it should be done, this is what we really bring home with us at the end of the day. We're all family, and he was happy to hear from you. He's also recieved several phone calls.

If you need to get in touch with Harry or Bonnie, send me a PM and I will forward Bonnie's cell number (with her permission).

Garry in Vegas

Thank you for doing this Garry.

I've never met Harry but I have met Mr. Roman. I know he is a class act.

I will take this to our prayer group at Church and lift him in a special prayer. Please let his family know.