Next Great American Band reality TV show?

So I was watching the "So You Think You Can Dance" reality TV show and saw a comerical for a new one that the American Idol producers are putting out for bands called "The Next Great American Band". They showed some video clips of I guess the kind of stuff they are looking for and they seem to be looking for just about anythying. Rock, Polka, Jazz. So I'm sitting there wondering...would they accept an audition from a mini corps of some sort? Perhaps a Future Corps type group? If so, I wonder if it would be too late to put something together. If not, I just might be crazy enough to consider it. What do you think? Crazy? Ridicuous? Thoughts please.

So I was watching the "So You Think You Can Dance" reality TV show and saw a comerical for a new one that the American Idol producers are putting out for bands called "The Next Great American Band". They showed some video clips of I guess the kind of stuff they are looking for and they seem to be looking for just about anythying. Rock, Polka, Jazz. So I'm sitting there wondering...would they accept an audition from a mini corps of some sort? Perhaps a Future Corps type group? If so, I wonder if it would be too late to put something together. If not, I just might be crazy enough to consider it. What do you think? Crazy? Ridicuous? Thoughts please.

It would not be picked up. It doesn't fit the demographic of the network or the timeslot. Not enough of an advertising draw.

Primetime network TV programming has median targeting to an audience that is on about a 8th-9th grade level (even if it is assumed the audience is comprised of primarily adults).

It would not be picked up. It doesn't fit the demographic of the network or the timeslot. Not enough of an advertising draw.

Primetime network TV programming has median targeting to an audience that is on about a 8th-9th grade level (even if it is assumed the audience is comprised of primarily adults).

Good point and you are probably right. But even if you are right, would it not be worth at least the 1-2 minutes of TV in the audition round? Even if the judges did say "that's stupid, go home"? Hey, 2 minutes of fame is 2 minutes of fame!

Too bad the deadline has passed. The Renegades Minicorps would have torn this up!

If you're really serious, my advice would be to look into "America's Got Talent." That show has a wider format, and a drum corps would likely fit there better, instead of a show that's clearly centered more around guitars, keyboards, and vocals... You know those things us drum corps folks don't like, right?

Ya know...

Renegades Mini corps actually really should audition for the next America's Got Talent.

The show ended up not what I thought it would be. I was almost sure a singer or comedian would win, but someone with a real talent won.

I think if Gade's went in there, performed a 1:30 of a blast type routine with drill and all, it would do very well. Gotta have percussion and guard tho.

• Like 1

If you're really serious, my advice would be to look into "America's Got Talent." That show has a wider format, and a drum corps would likely fit there better, instead of a show that's clearly centered more around guitars, keyboards, and vocals... You know those things us drum corps folks don't like, right?

I was a contestant on America's Got Talent with my barbershop chorus, The Westmister Chorus. And even though we thought we had talent, because of the marketablilty of barbershop singing in America, we were let go after the second round.

A mini corps would suffer the same fate as we did.

And what's funny, is 2 months aftr the AGT taping, Westminster won the gold medal at the International Chorus Championships in Denver!

Ya know...

Renegades Mini corps actually really should audition for the next America's Got Talent.

The show ended up not what I thought it would be. I was almost sure a singer or comedian would win, but someone with a real talent won.

I think if Gade's went in there, performed a 1:30 of a blast type routine with drill and all, it would do very well. Gotta have percussion and guard tho.

Stop thief! He's trying to steal my idea! :P

I was a contestant on America's Got Talent with my barbershop chorus, The Westmister Chorus. And even though we thought we had talent, because of the marketablilty of barbershop singing in America, we were let go after the second round.

A mini corps would suffer the same fate as we did.

Like I said, 2 minutes of fame is 2 minutes of fame.

• 1 month later...