Reading Updates

OK I knew the scroes, i meant caption...best guard etc.....

Takes a day for the RECAP to post, Good chance the Cabs guard did well tonight,,, Been dominating this year, Good luck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who attended Big Sounds in Motion on August 25. The heat and humidity were bad enough, but then the light show in the sky as the thunderstorm moved in was a test of the hardiest drum corps fans.

Thank you to the DCA officials and judges who hung in there with us for what looked to be a short delay, but stretched to over an hour as the storm seemed to move slowly through Reading. Glen Johnson and Rich Templin, and all the judges should be commended for waiting out the storm until the show could proceed.

Thank you to the 3,000 people in attendance (surely a new record in Big Sounds history) and to the majority of you who stuck around waiting in your cars or under Bollman Center. With the new Albright stadium having metal seats, we couldn't take a chance of the fans or the corps getting injured. When Barry Seltzer announced that the show would continue, the roar from the parking lot could be heard in the stadium.

Thank you to "The Commandant's Own", United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps for helping the Buccaneers celebrate their 50th anniversary. Your performance was exemplary, as always, and made many, many current and retired military very happy. My daughter, Liz, was proud to be your liaison for the evening.

Thank you to the competing corps, the Buccaneer Alumni and the Reading Buccaneer 50th anniversary committee for putting on wonderful performances in the melting heat. It's obvious that the corps' conditioning is uppermost in their staffs minds as surprisingly few corps members needed medical care.

Best of luck to all corps in Rochester. Hope to see you all again next year.

Amy L. Snook, Chairman

Big Sounds in Motion

Thank you to the 3,000 people in attendance (surely a new record in Big Sounds history) and to the majority of you who stuck around waiting in your cars or under Bollman Center. With the new Albright stadium having metal seats, we couldn't take a chance of the fans or the corps getting injured. When Barry Seltzer announced that the show would continue, the roar from the parking lot could be heard in the stadium.

Hear, Hear! :)

Thanks so much to the fans that braved returning to the soggy seats after the rain delay.

no kidding man,.....................3000 for a regular season show,................that is awesome,....................can you share any thoughts or ideas as to how you did it?

Start working on the show at the end of September; have a committee that can handle their position with minimal supervision; be sure you have plenty of reliable volunteers; advertise!; don't worry about the weather--you can't do anything about it, you get what comes (that's what I kept telling myself Saturday night anyway); make sure you cater to your customer; have a mentor.

You'll gain experience with each year, but every year something new comes up that must be dealt with. Good workers and a strong commitee are most important. Having thick skin is a plus.

Start working on the show at the end of September; have a committee that can handle their position with minimal supervision; be sure you have plenty of reliable volunteers; advertise!; don't worry about the weather--you can't do anything about it, you get what comes (that's what I kept telling myself Saturday night anyway); make sure you cater to your customer; have a mentor.

You'll gain experience with each year, but every year something new comes up that must be dealt with. Good workers and a strong commitee are most important. Having thick skin is a plus.

Had to be be a total, professional marketing effort.

Your organization should be very proud of bringing off this kind of success!

I'm sure every member of the performing corps' ALSO appreciated being able to perform in front that size audience.

Buccs' shows are always packed!