Faust vs. "I Believe"

Heh heh, it's all good, I'm just as much OT, or silly... whichever...

I think PR would fare better in battle, as their helmets seem like they'd be much better cranial protection than the Cadets' shakos! :P

Agreed. And if you take off the chicken, for those of you curious how the danged things stay on there so erect, there is a little bolt sticking out about 1 1/2-2 inches--highly useful for impaling one's opponent. And the chicken could be useful in strangling another opponent.

Shakos aren't very good for beating or shielding one's self from a beating. But blood would show up less on maroon than white. On the other hand, could be useful walking on the field caked in blood!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. And if you take off the chicken, for those of you curious how the danged things stay on there so erect, there is a little bolt sticking out about 1 1/2-2 inches--highly useful for impaling one's opponent. And the chicken could be useful in strangling another opponent.

Shakos aren't very good for beating or shielding one's self from a beating. But blood would show up less on maroon than white. On the other hand, could be useful walking on the field caked in blood!!

Haha, you said "erect."

:P

Cadets could sustain more injury, but still appear like they were in control with their hard core discipline, and of course the blending with the maroon in their uniforms. This might give them the psychological advantage of the Regiment.

I got in 2 years, and I don't think 07 can be topped for me, so I'm good. Aside from that, money is a factor, as is the fact that I think marching is interfering with my studies and betterment as a composer (Music composition major..). I want to go to a good grad school, and I want to make sure my chances are as high as possible. That can't happen if I'm not writing or doing ANYTHING for 3 months. That's a long time. Also I didn't like what it did with my trumpet playing, and this was still with pretty #### highly qualified brass staff. I think I maxed out my 2 years, I have no regrets at all. A friend of mine from the corps who's been marching since 2002 aged himself out this year (he's an 08er as well), he just felt that he was done. I'm sure he's more concerned about his playing than I though, being a music performance major.

Anyway, what it boils down to is not every person is meant to march for every single year of their life. Drum corps is hard, we all know this. It puts a lot of strain on our lives to perform in, and I just don't see marching my age out as the most rational and efficient thing to do.

March your age-out and I'll let you leave my shoes on the field for me--didn't get to do that in 95.

Take a semester off. Work and pay for the summer. Again, school will wait. If you're good at writing, a good grad school will understand you being a semester later--especially if you don't tell them why. Everybody understands "financial situation" in reference to college.

I'll go one step further--might help your writing chops, too. I'd be happy to put you in touch with a good friend and composer/arranger. You may already be familiar with Randy Bass. Perhaps better as an arranger than as a writer, but gifted at both! Only guy Williams allows to touch some of his stuff, and his original pieces have been performed and recorded by the best. Would be an excellent resource for doing some work in your chosen field. PM me if you'd be interested in an introduction.

I'll even introduce you if you don't march. But always march your age-out! :P

Haha, you said "erect."

:P

Cadets could sustain more injury, but still appear like they were in control with their hard core discipline, and of course the blending with the maroon in their uniforms. This might give them the psychological advantage of the Regiment.

Yes, but there is a certain amount of psychological effect going to fight someone who is wearing the blood of your comrades!! Easier to see on white! Definitely want to be facing the guy with the most white showing--he's killed fewer of your mates! Beware the bloody ones!

"Uhh...huh, huh!" Love the word cockpit!

Yes, but there is a certain amount of psychological effect going to fight someone who is wearing the blood of your comrades!! Easier to see on white! Definitely want to be facing the guy with the most white showing--he's killed fewer of your mates! Beware the bloody ones!

"Uhh...huh, huh!" Love the word cockpit!

Good point! Though if I were them I think I'd probably be the unnecessarily ridiculous guy who goes around hugging the folks with clean unis just to annoy them by getting them all bloody... Then how would they know??

Good point! Though if I were them I think I'd probably be the unnecessarily ridiculous guy who goes around hugging the folks with clean unis just to annoy them by getting them all bloody... Then how would they know??

Man, we are SOOOOO OT! Gotta love 2 am post-fests!

Going to bed now. Old guys need sleep!

It's true.

You get a cookie:

cookies_2.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cookie............

And to answer the battle question---ANY Cadets Corps is tough as nails. They are so tough, that they can shrug off a few boos and throw down a killer show. But i will take it a step further and argue that they train harder than any corps out there.....but i still hated the narration.

But long story short, that cookie looks really good. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by cwillpayne

And to answer the battle question---ANY Cadets Corps is tough as nails. They are so tough, that they can shrug off a few boos and throw down a killer show. But i will take it a step further and argue that they train harder than any corps out there.....but i still hated the narration.

I think it's possible to love the Cadets and hate the narration. I know I do :)

:feednotroll:

They only thing that 'Faust' has on 'This I Believe is drums'.

... and Mahler 2!