Sunrisers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I personally haven't seen it...

but when I hear from band directors from multiple multiple high schools about their bands having the same horn book.. then yeah.. it seems to make sense.

Well you'll notice the difference when you see it, our arrangements were written a little similarly but differently, some of our music was written specifically for us

I taught the stock Cirque shows before. Aside from a melody line here and there, they are really not the same. I was pleasantly surprised with Rich's arrangements. Not surprised at the quality, but rather at the creativity. Especially in the ballad. Definitely something interesting.

They're baaaccckk!! Congrats Sunrisers! I suppose your next goal is making Open class finals, right? WRONG. You are the Sunrisers, and your goal is to win the Open class championship! It should be your goal every year. You are probably the only corp not pigeon holed in your approach, with the staff and direction who understand what is takes to WIN. Beating Reading is going to take your kind of organization. The rest of you folks...imagine this Sunriser corps with 10-20 more horns and a correponding membership surge in all other sections!!

Of course winning the Open Class Championship is our ultimate goal, it may take 4 or 5 years to build up to the level where we can compete for that title. It has taken me 16 years to win this championship but winning the Open Class title is the last mountain that this old vet has yet to climb (got as high as 4th in 1997). With this staff, administaration, support staff, and nucleous of hungry members I know we can achieve this ultimate goal! Winning the Class A Championship is the first step on the road back to glory. Should be great for our 2008 recruiting efforts as well. I may very well defer my retirement until we win that ultimate prize.

Edited by sunbari1

Thanks to everyone for your congratulations! We did work our butts off this year and as you can see, it really paid off. It was so nice to hear all of the support we got from the other corps during the weekend. I especially remember Renegades (who were next to us) cheering loudly for us at retreat Sunday night each time they announced us winning an award. Thanks to the Govies for giving us one heck of a fight for the title and the rest of the Class A corps for giving us a good fight just to make Finals. I'll admit I was a little nervous after our performance when they announced Alliance and SoCal Dream got 81's in Prelims. It was also pleasant surprise to hear my friend Fran Haring announcing us at Finals. I knew it was a good omen.

Edited by sunbari1

I may very well defer my retirement until we win that ultimate prize.

Somehow, I knew that would happen. :P

Congrats, Tom........ you've put a lot of time and effort into the Sunrisers, and it's nice to see you finally win a title!!!

Fran

I heard their entire book was from Band In A Box

Troll In A Box alert........ B)

Fran

Oh ok. Was it based off of the BIAB version?

Thanks for the response. Congrats on the well deserved win btw.

Oh.. what year did your drum guy march BD?

Our awesome snare tech Darick Kelly marched the Blue Devils snareline in 2004 and 2005, he placed 2nd in DCI I&E in 2005

and Fran, you are simply the man, greatest announcer ever IMO :rolleyes::wall::wall: