Shows that SHOULD have won WGI.....discuss

TKYR_FA1986

Musical_Spinner: I am sure someone has asked you this once before....but I don't remember your answer. How come you don't go through training and become a movement judge? You seem to love the caption---or are you still enjoying being a spectator and/or performer?

PS. Fantasia's movement is very strong....but, for some reason this show kinda bores me. :( Still watching my video to figure out what I am missing. I do love me some flag---maybe that really is the key??????

I am still young and working on my dance career, too soon for that sort of thing.

I agree with you about the show perhaps being a tad boring. The show doesn't really have replay value. We have seen a lot of these design elements and such from Fantasia before. That being said, those elements are still great and performed well......I just want something new sometimes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're correct I can't believe we are going "there" again! The newer CGPers can now weigh in on it.

Do we have recaps for championships last year? I want to know who Fantasia took first in anything.

And yes, after a year of simmering I still think Pride should have won!

I do appreciate your explanation of the theme behind the show. Maybe if I keep watching it, it will grow on me. I guess that in the end, I'm still a sucker for those powerful unison passages . . . of which Pride had very few, if any (I'll have to go back to the DVD to be sure). So maybe that's part of it. I just felt a power behind Fantasia's performance that, for whatever reason, I didn't feel with Pride. Doesn't mean it wasn't there, by the way. There's the interpretation of a performance by someone in the audience, and then what actually happened amongst the performers. Often two (or more) very different things.

Edited by byline

WOW there is alotta people who dislike fantasia in here!!!!!.....they are untouchable this season!

WOW there is alotta people who dislike fantasia in here!!!!!.....they are untouchable this season!

true they have seemed to be "untouchable" ... but i seem to think that anything is possible in the dayton arena this year! From the way the season has played out thus far i think IW will come down to whoever has the best run in prelims & finals!! :thumbup: