Rose Bowl... Now

As one might have figured, after seeing the highlights of the UCLA game at the Rose Bowl, the turf was back to it's usualy lush, green, carpet looking turf. Obviously, the Rose Bowl was waiting until after the DCI Championships to put in the new turf for the football season. Makes sense and can't blame them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one might have figured, after seeing the highlights of the UCLA game at the Rose Bowl, the turf was back to it's usualy lush, green, carpet looking turf. Obviously, the Rose Bowl was waiting until after the DCI Championships to put in the new turf for the football season. Makes sense and can't blame them.

Well, they usually wear down the field pretty badly after finals....

Hate to burst your bubble, but they always paint the field green ... It's all TV magic, my friend. The field still most likely sucketh large.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they always paint the field green ... It's all TV magic, my friend. The field still most likely sucketh large.

I know they can and have painted the field before. But this was obviously a new turf. I can tell when it is painted and when there is actual grass there. It look quite thick, the grass. It looked quite different than the turf did when watching the DCI broadcast on ESPN2.

There was a completely new field laid immediately after our event. :(

You sure? It takes time for sod to root ... Two or three weeks ain't gonna' do it. I remember when I was doing a lot of Chargers half-times, they used to paint the field every week and it looked brandy-new, but it twasn't.

actually, the field was not the best of fields..on the field it didnt quite look so green, and there were tiny spots in a few places where it was pretty much soil...

Edited by Littlehendrix

I am afraid you are wrong...do you really think UCLA will risk their scholarship athletes on dirt? Besides, it is SOP for the Rose Bowl to go to fresh turf for both the beginning of the college football season and before the Rose Bowl. How do I know? It has been talked about in the sports press when my team (Tennessee) used to open with UCLA roadtrips.

besides, they actually had a couple of weeks to root the turf once it is laid (which can take only hours now).

(Wish they would have opened with them rather than Cal this year... :doh: )

Edited by prodigal bari

I also watched the UCLA game last night and the field looked in great conditiion!!!!

Hoppy just wanted to make a stupid point and get his "puss" out in front of everyone else.

It is all about "him"!!!!!

<snip some BS>

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!

CODI

CODI - I'd give you $1 to buy a clue except you would probably just spend it on more "cynic-aid". <**> The ignorance demonstrated by the Hoppy-haters is truly mind boggling. George doesn't have anywhere near the power that some people give him credit for! He has his opinions and you have yours. What's wrong with that? The only difference is that he has a legitimate forum (DCI/The Cadets) to express his opinions and all you have is a drum corps discussion board to #### and moan on. You want to talk about who needs to "get on with his life"? I'm pretty sure you don't really want to go there. For the record - I do respect your opinion and your right to express it. I just get disgusted with the fact that you feel the only way to make your opinion valid is to tear down someone else. That is just plain lame and totally discredits your position. (IMO) :doh:

Edited by ^Michael^