INTERSERVICE ACADEMY D&B COMPETITION

Do you know what the other two groups are playing?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, good stuff.

I saw Air Force this past Saturday when they played us (BYU) at home. We shared halftime with them. They sounded decent, played Festive Overture. It was surreal for me to see a soprano with a lyre attached to it. Not something I usually asscoiate with drum corps. Anyway, since I was on the sideline waiting to perform with BYU, I didn't get a view from up top of forms, but from down low it seemed cool. Hearing them 10 yards in front of me sure brings back memories of when I marched. I love that G bugle sound!

<one final bump....>

Show tomorrow morning! 9:00am on Rip Miller Field at the U.S. Naval Academy. This is a FREE event.

Air Force arrived last night, after a very long day flying cross country and doing a halftime show at a high school football game in MD.

Coast Guard driving down after class today, so we'll see them pretty late tonight.

Any questions about the show, just shoot me an email.... "weir@usna.edu"

Jeff

<one final bump....>

Show tomorrow morning! 9:00am on Rip Miller Field at the U.S. Naval Academy. This is a FREE event.

Air Force arrived last night, after a very long day flying cross country and doing a halftime show at a high school football game in MD.

Coast Guard driving down after class today, so we'll see them pretty late tonight.

Any questions about the show, just shoot me an email.... "weir@usna.edu"

Jeff

What were the results?

All,

Just an announcement about the Interservice Academy D&B show. It will be held on Saturday morning, September 29th at 9:00am. The location is Rip Miller Field on the grounds of the U.S. Naval Academy.

In competition....

U.S. Coast Guard Academy "Windjammers" Drum & Bugle Corps

U.S. Air Force Academy "Flight of Sound" Drum & Bugle Corps

U.S. Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps

For more info, check out the Navy D&B website at "http://www.usna.edu/USNADB"...

Hope to see you there!!!!

Jeff

I take it that the Army dosen't have a drum & bugle corps ? Or better yet why not ? :rolleyes:

Since the Marines don't compete, why don't they every perform in exhibition at this show that's in their own backyard? The Marines go all over the country to perform but never at this competition.
Hey everyone I'm going to get off topic for just a bit . Has anyone seen the crack outfit the Marines have with

the M-1 rifles OMG it is probably one of the most awsome things I have ever seen !! The comandant should order those guys

to combine with the Drum&Bugle Corps . Not only would the most seasoned drum corps people i.e. choreographers , arrangers , directors , etc be in total awe of these men and women but everyone would ! Congrats Navy ! :rolleyes::rock:

I take it that the Army dosen't have a drum & bugle corps ? Or better yet why not ? :rolleyes:

Please don't even get me started on that, because that subject drives me crazy. I'm a former Army guy and can't think of any reason whatsoever why given Drum Corps' military roots the entire United States Army doesn't have one. That drives me nuts!