2007 Cadets - The most awesome dci moments in one show

there's a reason the cadets placed 2nd. an outstanding show all around.

...because Finals were in California and the 1st place corps is from Californ....

Oh, wait...that can't POSSIBLY be it.

:doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...because Finals were in California and the 1st place corps is from Californ....

Oh, wait...that can't POSSIBLY be it.

:doh:

............which would explain why the Blue Devils other 11 titles were outside the state of California!! :doh:

But, with all the digital stuff out there, would it be possible to somehow edit out the narrration on the DVD? Just for those who want to enjoy the show that a way?

They have a narration-less version of their show on their CD from this year. It's an early season recording, but still pretty cool.

I've personally wondered if the narration kept Cadets from placing first. It wouldn't be so much of a surprise to me if it did. Any thoughts on this?

Let's keep that topic down. Because it'll end up like every other Cadet 07 topic. It becomes stereotypical to talk about narration. That wasn't what this topic was about to begin with, it was just the great moments within the show. Notice I didn't talk about narration, which was basically brought up every time.

This is just a fan appreciation writeup. There's more to the show than just that controversial aspect.

No, what kept them out of 1st was the most difficult visual and musical show ever that had no let up (ballad) and just couldn't be cleaned as well as the significantly easier show that beat it.

No. I loved the show, but i dont think it was the hardest ever by any stretch of the imagination. Was it harder than the blue devils show?...I would say so, but their show was no walk in the park either. The cadets this year found a good balance of incredible difficulty, and well paced down time moments. Shows that are in the same league as this one (or harder) include - cadets 93, 97, 98, 05, cavies 03 and maybe 01, star 91, pr 06, scv 03.....the list goes on and on. Any top corps can write the hardest show ever, but its about finding that balance. The opener in cadets 06 was probably the hardest thing on the field last year, but we never had any halts or rests, and too often, the melody was carried by a section moving to fast to play it well. There's a point when intense demand just becomes bad writing. I think the 2007 cadets walked that line almost perfectly...

I've personally wondered if the narration kept Cadets from placing first. It wouldn't be so much of a surprise to me if it did. Any thoughts on this?

You may have missed the other times this was brought up, but......

4th place guard

4th place drums

Nothing to do with narration

1st place GE

the only caption that we know definitevely narration is judged.

Like it or not, the judges bought the narration hook, line, and sinker.

We can (pleaseeeee) put this little debate about narration holding them back to rest for this thread at least....