Plymouth, MA Alumni Show

Bossop

It's not too early to plan your trip to Plymouth, MA for America's Thanksgiving Celebration the weekend of Nov. 16 and 17.

My corps, the Crusaders Senior Corps of Boston is staying at the Radisson Hotel, and when we tried to get an additional 3 rooms, we found that the hotel was sold out. The longer you wait, the farther away from Plymouth center you will be.

On the evening of Nov. 16, there is a free patriotic concert at historic Memorial Hall. This concert is great entertainment, but usually doesn't feature the drum corps. It starts at 7 p.m. The next morning, at 9:30 a.m. is the parade, that features all the great alumni corps that will perform in concert later, plus all kinds of other musical and marching units; plus floats and characters for the kids. The parade goes through the center of Plymouth and passes by scenic Plymouth Harbor and the Mayflower II.

There is a teriffic food festival (11-3) on the waterfront, where you can taste great chowder, soups, and desserts from local restaurants for one low price.

At 6:30 p.m. is the Senior Alumni reunion Concert, also at historic Memorial Hall. The tickets are $25.00, and there isn't a bad seat in the house. This is probably the first concert nationally to feature only alumni corps and it is well attended.

WHDH T.V. personalities Randy Price and Francine Rivera are co-hosting the event as WHDH is a media partner.

Although the corps participating this year haven't yet been posted on the official web site www.usathanksgiving.com,

over the years we have seen the appearance of such alumni units as Boston Crusaders Sr., Hawthorne, Blessed Sacrament, Light Brigade, St. Kevin's, Connecticut Alumni, Park City Pride, Mighty St. Joes, Kilties, Manchester Muchachos, Vallyaires, Sky's Championship drum duo, Holy Trinity, and several others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

There is a great Fall holiday atmosphere, and what better place to be around Thanksgiving time than in Plymouth, MA. After all, the Pilgrims didn't land in Albuquerque!

Check out the web site or call 508-746-1818 for tickets to the concert.

Art

It's not too early to plan your trip to Plymouth, MA for America's Thanksgiving Celebration the weekend of Nov. 16 and 17.

My corps, the Crusaders Senior Corps of Boston is staying at the Radisson Hotel, and when we tried to get an additional 3 rooms, we found that the hotel was sold out. The longer you wait, the farther away from Plymouth center you will be.

On the evening of Nov. 16, there is a free patriotic concert at historic Memorial Hall. This concert is great entertainment, but usually doesn't feature the drum corps. It starts at 7 p.m. The next morning, at 9:30 a.m. is the parade, that features all the great alumni corps that will perform in concert later, plus all kinds of other musical and marching units; plus floats and characters for the kids. The parade goes through the center of Plymouth and passes by scenic Plymouth Harbor and the Mayflower II.

There is a teriffic food festival (11-3) on the waterfront, where you can taste great chowder, soups, and desserts from local restaurants for one low price.

At 6:30 p.m. is the Senior Alumni reunion Concert, also at historic Memorial Hall. The tickets are $25.00, and there isn't a bad seat in the house. This is probably the first concert nationally to feature only alumni corps and it is well attended.

WHDH T.V. personalities Randy Price and Francine Rivera are co-hosting the event as WHDH is a media partner.

Although the corps participating this year haven't yet been posted on the official web site www.usathanksgiving.com,

over the years we have seen the appearance of such alumni units as Boston Crusaders Sr., Hawthorne, Blessed Sacrament, Light Brigade, St. Kevin's, Connecticut Alumni, Park City Pride, Mighty St. Joes, Kilties, Manchester Muchachos, Vallyaires, Sky's Championship drum duo, Holy Trinity, and several others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

There is a great Fall holiday atmosphere, and what better place to be around Thanksgiving time than in Plymouth, MA. After all, the Pilgrims didn't land in Albuquerque!

Check out the web site or call 508-746-1818 for tickets to the concert.

Art

I agree Bossop. I am a member of BSGK and have gone up to Plymouth a number of years with the corps prior to moving to GA. What a great crowd for the parade and show in the evening. Talk about Yankee hospitality........whew! The best around, and they know drum corps. The corps befriended with the Brown's in our first year up there and we have been playing in their front yard every year since then. The weather has always been sporadic but who cares.......it is Plymouth.

Edited by mellobobv

No Gary.....The Who will not be at this years show, but there is a rumor that Hillary will be there. :blink:

J

Who is in this year's show?

I don't know who's there and it hasn't yet been listed on the web site. I understand that my corps (Boston) is going on first after intermission.

By the way, last year the souvy area was located upstairs to avoid a big crowd at the entrance. It's worth the trip upstairs to see the great stuff the corps have to offer. If you don't already have a Waldo tattoo, compensate by buying Waldo wear, or at least a Waldo koozie to keep your beer cold. And nothing says Christmas like a Waldo ornament, even for us Jewish guys.

I called this week to buy tickets for the family, and asked who else was performing since there was no list on the website. The woman I spoke to did not have a complete list, but said she knew the following were among the corps appearing:

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Caballeros Alumni

Connecticut Alumni

St. Kevin's Alumni

Scout House

American Originals fife and Drum Corps

And from what we've seen here, we also know Boston Crusaders Senior Alumni and Park City Pride are once again in the show, and the combined Plymouth High Schools Band usually opens the show. Even if there are no others, that's already an excellent lineup and worth the trip! And by the way, no one is discouraged from playing an encore if the crowd wants it.

Now, at the risk of sounding like a PR man for the town of Plymouth I can't help but add:

This is not only a great show, but a great weekend experience in a friendly atmosphere. Plymouth bills itself as "America's Hometown," and that's exactly how it feels. And, if you like seafood, you can't find a better place than Plymouth and Cape Cod to indulge.

To help anyone who's interested, here's the number of Pilgrim Hall to buy tickets: 508 - 746 - 1818. This number is also listed on their website at: www.usathanksgiving.com, plus there is a floor plan to help you choose seats. (I was able to get the best seats ever so far in 10 years!)

Let's just all hold our breaths and pray for good weather again!

I called this week to buy tickets for the family, and asked who else was performing since there was no list on the website. The woman I spoke to did not have a complete list, but said she knew the following were among the corps appearing:

Caballeros Alumni

Connecticut Alumni

St. Kevin's Alumni

Scout House

American Originals fife and Drum Corps

And from what we've seen here, we also know Boston Crusaders Senior Alumni and Park City Pride are once again in the show, and the combined Plymouth High Schools Band usually opens the show. Even if there are no others, that's already an excellent lineup and worth the trip! And by the way, no one is discouraged from playing an encore if the crowd wants it.

Now, at the risk of sounding like a PR man for the town of Plymouth I can't help but add:

This is not only a great show, but a great weekend experience in a friendly atmosphere. Plymouth bills itself as "America's Hometown," and that's exactly how it feels. And, if you like seafood, you can't find a better place than Plymouth and Cape Cod to indulge.

To help anyone who's interested, here's the number of Pilgrim Hall to buy tickets: 508 - 746 - 1818. This number is also listed on their website at: www.usathanksgiving.com, plus there is a floor plan to help you choose seats. (I was able to get the best seats ever so far in 10 years!)

Let's just all hold our breaths and pray for good weather again!

I can tell you The Light Brigade will be there!!!

We can't wait!

Based on the information given here and in recent conversation when ordering tickets, here's the (unofficial) lineup of corps for this year's Alumni Reunion Concert on November 17 in Plymouth, MA:

American Originals Fife and Drum Corps

Boston Crusaders Seniors

Caballeros Alumni

Connecticut Alumni

Light Brigade

Park City Pride

Saint Kevin's Alumni

Scout House

Combined Plymouth High Schools Band

Please feel free to add anyone who has not been included that you know will be in the show this year. Once again, it figures to be a great show and an excellent night of traditional drum corps entertainment. Plus, there's the Friday night (Free) Patriotic Concert, the big morning Parade, and the New England Food Festival. It's going to be a fun weekend.