DCI & DCA the best and not so best from the stands

If you remember, the Cadets, actually, just Hopkins, ticked off the drum corps world when he demanded they repaint the field. Listen to the finals crowd, guarentee it's louder.

And you're lobbying for the corps I assume you marched. Sounds a little biased to me.

Now go ahead and tell me that I'm stupid and don't know what I'm talking about, seems pretty common on DCP.

wow, you figured out that i marched there.. you should be a detective or something wow..

and i just stated a fact.. there's nothin biased about that..

also, it really doesn't make much sense for the crowd reaction to be so much lower than all of these corps considering it was a good number of peoples favorite show.

I don't hide the fact that I marched there... so don't point it out because it's already obvious?

Edited by baristeve

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, you figured out that i marched there.. you should be a detective or something wow..

and i just stated a fact.. there's nothin biased about that..

also, it really doesn't make much sense for the crowd reaction to be so much lower than all of these corps considering it was a good number of peoples favorite show.

I don't hide the fact that I marched there... so don't point it out because it's already obvious?

pm sent

Edited by wishbonecav

wow, you figured out that i marched there.. you should be a detective or something wow...

wow dude i am so cool. i was unaware but now, with your help, i see it. thanks man, you really helped me out. i think i'll go be a detective somewhere else now...

oh wait, i was also just stating a fact: the cadets weren't people's favorites quarters night because of hopkins. and yes i'm aware that people loved their show, i thought the corps was insane, especially the hornline.

and i liked your show too, it should have placed higher than 7th, but it's hard to pick who shouldn't have been in the top 6.

sorry if i offended you. i guess it's just how i see it. i wouldn't go around telling people how much people loved us, because i'm sure no matter how hard i try, i'm still going to be biased in some way. and after a show, the crowd seems louder on the field, could be adrenaline too. but i wasn't trying to #### you off man, just typing what was going through my head without thinking about how others may see it.

Crowd response at finals was larger for Cadets than Bluecoats.

That's your opinion, and i don't doubt that it's true. And it's also my opinion that the cadets had the best hornline of 07. I loved the cadets, they had by far the most challenging program visually and musically.

I believe my thoughts have been generally misconstrued. I mean that.. when compared to the rest of the top 7, the crowd response is at least on par with aforementioned corps.. and I don't believe that the program was any less recieved than many of the corps mentioned.

Well that's all that I meant, if it came off as something else, it's probably because no one likes to hear that something they worked so hard on was "flat" in the end... ESPECIALLY when it's so blatantly untrue.

Just be happy you weren't handed a Beatles show to march ^0^

Just be happy you weren't handed a Beatles show to march ^0^

Oh, my boy, THAT is funny.

And re: "flat"...the original post didn't mention the Bluecoats...and, oh, gee...little Billy didn't get a pat on the back....so he cries about it....and then gets an opinion he doesn't like...cries even more...then, after a temper tantrum and some personal insults, tries to tell everyone he insulted directly that he was "misconstrued."

Money bet that he will say that he felt that his corps was insulted first. Re-read the thread.

I think I captured the spirit of the thing.

Ditto about Crown.

They had such an amazing response from the crowd - and finals was on the other side of the country from their home base and don't have a strong/huge alumni base because of their youth. You can even here it on the ESPN broadcast. And the announcer dude (can't remember his name) even said "This corps has connected with the crowd again tonight" and "the crown has connected emotionally with the audiences across the country this season perhaps like no other corps"

I honestly think crown had the best reaction of the night. Theirs was the only jump out of your seat because you just had to applause, while the blue devils ovation seemed slow and forced (like, 5 people in the front started it and everyone else dragged themselves up) cadets was mixed screaming, booing, and sitting on hands. PR and SCV were also pretty genuine and strong.