Two quotes

Theadore, or is it Franklin......I beg to differ. :)

There is just no point debating this with you. I have told you numerous legitiate reasons why your arguement is absurd and you just keep on. It is like having a debate with a drunk or a child. The facts are very clear.....ugh...whatever

Why dont you just write in all of your posts: "I refuse to believe the truth if it differs from my opinion"...and then be done with it. That would be a nice disclaimer for anyone that reads them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is just no point debating this with you. I have told you numerous legitiate reasons why your arguement is absurd and you just keep on. It is like having a debate with a drunk or a child. The facts are very clear.....ugh...whatever

Why dont you just write in all of your posts: "I refuse to believe the truth if it differs from my opinion"...and then be done with it. That would be a nice disclaimer for anyone that reads them.

Cheer up man. Actually I prefer hard cider and am well past childhood. I just don't think the physics add up. :P

Man, this started out as a "Kyle Trader is an awesome guy", then turned into a Bb vs. G battle. I believe we already have that topic open, and I believe it comes up in conversation at least once a week.

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC....

Kyle Trader is a really cool guy. He definitely bleeds Trooper Blue and Gold. He will be a great drum major for the Troopers. I've already told him that I'll make fun of him while he does the traditional sloooooow drum major walk. DM's definitely where he belongs. Go Troop!

By that reasoning, there's no sense in using euphs. Might as well just get rid of them. Gee I wonder why that doesn't happen.

I didn't say they were the same, I just said that the longstanding belief that baritones are cylindrical is a misconception. Marching euphs are obviously different just from looking at them; they typically have a larger bore, throat, and bell, all of which contribute to a different timbre than the standard marching baritone.

A good argument, but it doesn't convince me. Why do four lane highways handle more traffic that two lane highways? More unobsructed room = more volume.

that only works if there isn't construction and 3 of the lanes are closed.

I'm sure in horns there is a "pinch" point somewhere in there(guessing that's what the bore is...I'm a percussion guy, so I don't really know)....from what I've come to understand, the pinch point in G horns is slightly larger than the pinch point in Bb horns...allowing a tiny bit more air flow...