Cadets 08

http://hopsblog2.livejournal.com/

We had a great meeting today. Jay, Jeff, Tom, Neil and Howard and I were here in Allentown for a day.

I had a few different ideas prepared, so .... we were able to move with some quickness.

Actually, most of our discussion has to do with the concept, timelines, and some rehearsal issues we felt we needed to improve.

In terms of 2008 ... the decision we made at this juncture is to build the program around the music of Frank Ticheli.

We had a few selections prepared as a part of the discussion, and with Jay's assistance, we downloaded additional material and took a listen.

What are we looking at ...

well, there are 3-4 pieces we have locked down. But, the theme .... well ... we know where we are headed but, it will take some time to bring this all together. In fact, Howard and I will meet tonight after the gang is back on planes, and from there, the process begins.

This does mean the "pick a show" contest will not be on. I had actually anticipated that we would be searching for music but ... after 6 hours ... I actually think we are set. We have a good 20-30 minutes of source material. Not bad ..... and, there is some interesting stuff here.

Good ideas ....

some clear challenges for the members ...

and a few surprises mixed in.

Should be fun!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. I don't like Ticheli much, but it should be cool to see what they do with it. Hopefully they can arrange a show that is as pleasing as this year was.

~>conner

Can't wait to hear the narration!!!

Can't wait to hear the narration!!!

omg you're so hilarious lulz.

calm down. I've read a lot of your posts, and not a lot of them are particularly brain picking... this one is just borderline stupid. At least wait until the official show announcement to begin the stupid narration jokes.

~>conner

What are everyone's favorite Tichelli pieces? Oh, for those that don't like him, I asked for favorites not essays about why we dont like his music.