SOCAL ALL-AGE STAFF MEETING Part deux

84BDsop

What does that mean .. 'exploring options on brass'?

how would you have a d.c. without brass of some kind?

.. or am I being too literal?

anyway, you can all stop thinking now because I have the perfect name and concept. It's new... it's a new angle.. it's original.

it's a done deal. ^OO^

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that mean .. 'exploring options on brass'?

how would you have a d.c. without brass of some kind?

.. or am I being too literal?

yeah....you are :P I meant we're looking at way to obtain brass...I;ll go over it at the meeting.

Or we could be doing an expanded version of 4:33.....you never know!

anyway, you can all stop thinking now because I have the perfect name and concept. It's new... it's a new angle.. it's original.

it's a done deal. ^OO^

I dunno....Cliff DeArment came up with a pretty good one....'course, if you don't show up, you;ll never know, will you?

Edited by 84BDsop

bring it, Cliff :wub: ... ain't nuthin' 'cause I got it goin ON! :huh:

Hehehe...

The only thing I'm bringing is a helping hand. The more choices the better. Blow us away! PLEASE!! :)

And if you all want to be at the core of something really fun, you better get to this meeting while the gettin is good! Be there or be square.

Hopefully I'll have word on the non-profit front as well.

Hmmmm....I'll be sure to mention it...would kinda like to avoid any geographical references though...too many out there as it is!

Also!

Please do not use:

The colors of Blue and Black! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many now.

The words, Sound, Brass, or Star.

How about "Golden Cavaliers". Use Black, White, and Gold as colors. No one in the present in All Age (DCA) use any of those.

There is no Golden anything. (and you are from the Golden State). There also is not a Cavaliers in All Age (DCA). Then as far as I know at present there are no groups using Black,White, and Gold.

Sam

What sort of time committment are you looking at from a menmer of this type of corps? I am interested, but like most of our generation I have a family and career... plus it has been 20 years since i've played. Also what band do you teach, and where can I check you guys out?

Sam

What sort of time committment are you looking at from a menmer of this type of corps? I am interested, but like most of our generation I have a family and career... plus it has been 20 years since i've played. Also what band do you teach, and where can I check you guys out?

The time commitment in All Age is VERY different from Jr. I think we had an average of 16 full rehearsal days before the first show when I was in Dream.

It tends to be weekends only BECAUSE of work. The tendency was to have one weekend camp per month until you got to a certain point in the season (April, I think), then every other weekend, then every weekend just prior to the season...and of course every weekend DURING the season. We haven't set a rehearsal schedule yet, although we HAVE discussed it a little.

As our season would be short (SoCal shows only), the time commitment would be shorter (and no bus from CSUN!).

also, because this IS real life, work and family DO get in the way...we'll adjust (I lost track of how many Dream rehearsals I missed due to work)

Come on by and find out! you may have other skills that can be used...and other ideas.

As for teh band...I am no longer working with them (Kennedy HS...same place as the corps meeting)...long story...they are not ready to perform yet in any case...we lost about a MONTH of practice because not enough kids were medically cleared by teh school...and if you aren't cleared, you can't practice.

as for not playing in years....that's VERY common....I hadn't picked up a horn for 17 years before I found SCD.

Edited by 84BDsop

Also!

Please do not use:

The colors of Blue and Black! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many now.

The words, Sound, Brass, or Star.

How about "Golden Cavaliers". Use Black, White, and Gold as colors. No one in the present in All Age (DCA) use any of those.

There is no Golden anything. (and you are from the Golden State). There also is not a Cavaliers in All Age (DCA). Then as far as I know at present there are no groups using Black,White, and Gold.

(In my best and most affected L.A. tone) ermm, like... HELLO LucysSkylinerAlumni. I like, already said you can all stop thinking now because I have the perfect name and concept. It's new... it's a new angle.. it's original.

it's a done deal.

*understand folks, that I'm just kidding around. I post on this thread to put it back to, or keep it on, page one*

Edited by Mickk3

(In my best and most affected L.A. tone) ermm, like... HELLO LucysSkylinerAlumni. I like, already said you can all stop thinking now because I have the perfect name and concept. It's new... it's a new angle.. it's original.

it's a done deal.

*understand folks, that I'm just kidding around. I post on this thread to put it back to, or keep it on, page one*

OH !!! OK,

So as RoseAnn Roseannadana would say. "Never mind!"

(let's see how many people remember this Great Sat. Nite Live, STAR )

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni