How to sponsor a contest ?

And that's why you need to contact SueK@dci.org to find out where to start. She's got all that down pat and could save you months of duplicate work, not to mention she can increase your chances of success untold fold.

Thanks Mike. I got the packet of info from Sue this morning. Well, more like an email with two attatchments. I don't know...I may be biting off more than I can chew...

If anyone else wants to see the info, PM me.

Rich

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mike. I got the packet of info from Sue this morning. Well, more like an email with two attatchments. I don't know...I may be biting off more than I can chew...

If anyone else wants to see the info, PM me.

Rich

Excellent. Don't be afraid to ask her questions on a regular basis if needed. She can help you over the concerns. Kansas would be a GREAT place for an Open Class show to give some VERY FINE corps from California a chance to perform somewhere on the way to east of the Mississippi.

Mike is right. Work with Sue and DCI. We run a show here with DI, Open Class and All Age Corps. The blend works great and draws some incredible drum corps fans. Get in touch ... and by the way ... how are your fund raising skills? It won't be inexpensive ... but being able to work with corps and do a show is really fun ... lotsa work ... but fun. THE BIGGEST SECRET TO RUNNING A SHOW ... volunteers ... lots and lots of good volunteers who can take their project and run with it, whether it's corps housing, or fundraising, or working on promotion and advertising, ticket sales, customer relations ....

Marilyn

I hope there are others out there willing to contact SueK@dci.org to learn what it takes to sponsor a show, even if you're not ready to do it right now. And DCI is still looking for shows for Open Class corps this summer, especially in parts of the country that corps travel through to get elsewhere. If you have any desire to do this in the future, please look into it now as it might inspire you to move up your plans. EVERY show had to start somewhere.

And that's why you need to contact SueK@dci.org to find out where to start. She's got all that down pat and could save you months of duplicate work, not to mention she can increase your chances of success untold fold.

Absolutly..I know ..first hand that there's no other way to insure a properly run show..and Sue can and will help.. but I also know that dates for shows are already in the works and there may not be available dates to suit your needs..get in touch with Suesoon if you are serious..

just my 2 cents

Absolutly..I know ..first hand that there's no other way to insure a properly run show..and Sue can and will help.. but I also know that dates for shows are already in the works and there may not be available dates to suit your needs..get in touch with Suesoon if you are serious..

just my 2 cents

It's a bit different for Open Class corps trying to get across the midpoint of the country. There are still many possibilities there and a few in other regions as well. AND...it's NOT too late to get something rolling with such an Open Class show. I hope someone reading this gives that a though and contacts Sue, if for no other reason than to get some info on what it would take sometime in the future.