On the field from Jacksonville, Georgia?

Mr. Blackburn,

:rolleyes::huh::doh:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the help you gave me, and every other member. You do so many things for this group, I honestly dont think I would've made it last summer if it we'rent for you. I remember so many times something would happen, and I'd have to go talk to you about it, but no matter how afraid I was at the time you always came threw with a helpful hand. You deserve an applause of your own! Cant wait to see you and everyone else soon. and I've been practicing my butt off, I hope the staff can tell the difference. Once again, Thank you Mr. Blackburn.

Thanks so much for the kind words and you are very welcome. I do this thing called drum corps because of my love for the activity and exactly for the members just like YOU!! This corps has become a part of me and my family as much as the Crossmen have been since I marched there. My former corps director, Robbie Robinson, once stated that it really isn't about anything else but what you take with you for the rest of your life. How true that statement has become throughout my years.

I look forward to another great year with Teal and have great expectations as we begin our 10th anniversary season!! To all Teal members and potential members out there......Come out and Rock with the Turquoise Noise in 2008....see what the Teal family is all about!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care where Teal reigns from, as long as they continue to put out a great product. I was super impressed with the corps (I am a homer) last year and would definitely say that they deserve to claim Florida and Georgia. Both states have been supportive to the corps (at different times) and I hope that continues. If you are living in the south, are of the marching age and want to have the best summer of your life, get out to those auditions (shameless plug). This corps is for real and the future is bright. Go Turquoise Noise. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

lol. Turquoise Noise. We started that 03-04ish. The way I understand it someone meant it as an insult. Nice to see it's been turned around. B)

As for location, even when I marched support from Jacksonville was pretty slack. We performed at one pregame event while I was there in 4 years. The city showed little interest in us. I guess that played into the nature of the corps back then as a 'scrappy' little D3. We had a ton of long term returning vets, and as they aged out, and moved on it was obvious the times for Teal were changing. I left prior to Teal's return to D2, but have always kept a close eye on them. Seeing Teal reach the size, and quality they did this year made me very proud to be an alum. To me, Teal will always be from Jax, but wherever they hail from I know they'll keep doing what has made them so successful in recent times.

Well glad to hear that's where the thomasville came from. More than a simple mistake. Well I support you guys. That is what's important, Even if the city of jacksonville isn't that supportive, it is good hear and know that teal has support in the towns surrounding it and in the area around. Is teal still going to call jacksonville home in 2008 or say another city or town is home? Thanks for what you do randy. I know great things will come next year and in the coming years.

" On the field, from Jacksonville, Japan. TEAL SOUND!!! " **Roarrrrrrrrrrrrr.**

There where so many times this summer where all of us would just get hyped up for shows, making up places to be from that night. I honestly remember hearing kids on the field when they'd be announcing us, we'd stillllll be making up places. We just had so much fun, and as long as that continues, I dont really mind where they say we're from.

:worthy::doh: I LOVE TEAL SOUND!! :doh::doh:

Everytime they said "On the field from Jacksonville Florida" correctly it just gave me this extra energy cause it reminded me of the camps and what it took to get that far.

Everytime they said "On the field from Jacksonville Florida" correctly it just gave me this extra energy cause it reminded me of the camps and what it took to get that far.

How right you are my friendly Cybal-Ninja! :worthy:

I was at Middleburg Highschool today for thier marching band show, and man did that do anything less then bring back all of my "still fresh" memories. Every square inch of that school has its sentimental value to me, I cant imagine what its gonna feel like after I age out in a few years and THEN go see how it feels! It'll probabley make me cry.. :( But, the memories will last a lifetime. :doh:

Or, atleast until I get old. :P

Edited by Teal4Life

The memories are so vivid. The thoughts of the friendships I've made. Everything that I went thru. There the memories I can never forget. When I ageout in 2 years I will still comeback to support the corps. To my family Nothing Else Matters.

Edited by cymbals07