On the field from Jacksonville, Georgia?

According to dci.org and the new corps map, Teal Sound is coming out of Jacksonville, GA. And apparently Jacksonville is right outside of thomasville and quitman. Interesting, go look for yourself. Obviously not a huge deal but an interesting mistake. Now if it was closer to brunswick, teal sound has claimed brunswick (such as the corps jacket), that would be understandable. Everytime i drive through brunswick i rememeber speaches about showering there. "Make sure you shower really well, there are alot of chemicals in the air and we don't know what they might do to your skin."

For those that don't know, brunswick is the home of a paper mill that gives one half of the town an overwhelming and unique odor. No smell in the world could bring back better memories, there were "no seconds on summer lunch!" either.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On tour this year , we got every jacksonville and sometimes thomasville in the country. It was kind of a fun way to start the show , standing on the sstarting line wondering where we were going to be from that night.

guess it made it back to dci huh? Jacksonville, AL is understandable. Another corps is from there so it could easily be mistaken. But funny story, hopefully as funny as it was it won' continue. Jacksonville FL is where Teal belongs and hold's it idenity. Keep fighting the good fight guys. Hope to see you guys at a camp i can make it too, and of course shows next year!

Nice to know where Teal actually is from. I saw you guys once this season and a couple times from the sideline and I heard Jacksonville AL twice and Jacksonville FL once, and I was confused. I wanted to know, because one of my aunts lives in Jacksonville FL.

The corps started in Jacksonville in 1998 and 1999. It was known as Jacksonville's best kept secret for a while. The colors, and name obviously, came about from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like I said before, Teal has connections to brunswick georgia, but that's not more than an hour north of Jax. The corps is from, and started in Jacksonville. I know we played in thomasville before. Past that i don't think there is any other connection.

The corps started in Jacksonville in 1998 and 1999. It was known as Jacksonville's best kept secret for a while. The colors, and name obviously, came about from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like I said before, Teal has connections to brunswick georgia, but that's not more than an hour north of Jax. The corps is from, and started in Jacksonville. I know we played in thomasville before. Past that i don't think there is any other connection.

Glad you guys aren't so secret anymore. Wherever it is you're from week to week!

:)

Actually the corp's director, me; lives in Thomasville, GA.....so the mailing address for the corps is Thomasville. AS far as Jacksonville goes, we are actually now located in Middleburg, FL which is just outside of Jacksonville. We are not really supported by the city anymore so we are looking for a more permanent home of which Middleburg has offered to us. A great round of applause and thanks to those in that town. In actuality, the corps now represents the state of Florida as it is the only corps in the state that makes its home there. We do have some very close ties with the state of Georgia too, as our spring training site is at Brooks County Middle & High School. We have a great repore with the band directors, Ms. Chris Huss and Mr. Alan Carter there and will continue to call that our home away from home. Over the past year, Thomasville has also played a big part in the housing of the corps. Last year we were the primary representative of the Rose Parade in Thomasville and a great big thanks goes out to the city and Thomasville High School for opening it's doors to us for a week of rehearsals between tours. So, we like the fact that the corps is being considered a representative from both Florida and Georgia at this time. When you see the Teal Sound in the future, just know that we are happy to be in your town, wherever we may be announced from and as Dylan stated in his post, it was kind of cool guessing where we would be from night after night!! We look forward to seeing all out at auditions this December and until then.....keep PRACTICING!!

Actually the corp's director, me; lives in Thomasville, GA.....so the mailing address for the corps is Thomasville. AS far as Jacksonville goes, we are actually now located in Middleburg, FL which is just outside of Jacksonville. We are not really supported by the city anymore so we are looking for a more permanent home of which Middleburg has offered to us. A great round of applause and thanks to those in that town. In actuality, the corps now represents the state of Florida as it is the only corps in the state that makes its home there. We do have some very close ties with the state of Georgia too, as our spring training site is at Brooks County Middle & High School. We have a great repore with the band directors, Ms. Chris Huss and Mr. Alan Carter there and will continue to call that our home away from home. Over the past year, Thomasville has also played a big part in the housing of the corps. Last year we were the primary representative of the Rose Parade in Thomasville and a great big thanks goes out to the city and Thomasville High School for opening it's doors to us for a week of rehearsals between tours. So, we like the fact that the corps is being considered a representative from both Florida and Georgia at this time. When you see the Teal Sound in the future, just know that we are happy to be in your town, wherever we may be announced from and as Dylan stated in his post, it was kind of cool guessing where we would be from night after night!! We look forward to seeing all out at auditions this December and until then.....keep PRACTICING!!

Mr. Blackburn,

:rolleyes::huh::doh:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the help you gave me, and every other member. You do so many things for this group, I honestly dont think I would've made it last summer if it we'rent for you. I remember so many times something would happen, and I'd have to go talk to you about it, but no matter how afraid I was at the time you always came threw with a helpful hand. You deserve an applause of your own! Cant wait to see you and everyone else soon. and I've been practicing my butt off, I hope the staff can tell the difference. Once again, Thank you Mr. Blackburn.