goosepumps......

I played "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" for my students. They were in awe, especially when I told them why it was played. I felt a tear getting ready to come out when I thought about that night in Scranton and Brigs played that in tribute to Vince Bruni. My percussion teacher heard it and wanted to know who it was. Mike Finley never did drum corps but he did study with Joe Porcaro and David Garibaldi. He played on Motown's 25th Anniversary too.

Even CRU's "Send In The Clown's"

Adagio for Strings

Promise of Living

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Most ballads by Phantom Regiment

Most ballads by Caballeros

Some of my favorite 'goosebump' moments: (showing my age!)

Juniors:

1988 Garfield Cadets' 'Appalachian Spring' opening hit and the reprise of it at the close of the show. Audio recordings still do it to me, and the video is even better.

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard's closer of 'Music of the Night' -- Slow-moving company front and horn pop before the whole corps 'disappears' under the black cloths.

Seniors:

1969 Hurricanes' 'Walk on the Wild Side' -- One of my all-time favorite corps productions.

1969 Yankee Rebels' first production of 'Requiem For an Era' -- the original and the best they ever did it. Col. Truman Crawford's masterpiece. (Watched it from the starting line at the first show of the year in Hamden, CT and had to follow it as the crowd went wild for them!)

2003 Caballeros' 'The Prayer' with Curt Hawkins' beautiful solo. Even the YouTube clip gives me chills.

Softly as I Leave You

1988 Garfield Cadets' 'Appalachian Spring'

The song is the important fact -- I may be mistaken on the year: It may have been 1987 -- Should have checked before I posted!