Lack of Bass Drum Ensembles in I&E

PhantomPhan1989

With the exception of the lovely BK bass ensemble, how come there is a lack of them in I&E these days? Also, am I the only one ticked off when I see BK play these rap grooves with added humor only to play with softer mallets on the meat of the solo? That seems to be every bass ensemble for them. Don't get me wrong, I love the humor, I love the bouncy balls, I love it all really. Maybe it just sets me off because out of all the other people doing I&E ...

...speaking of, I&E was pretty empty (overall) this year....does anyone understand why? Anyway, all I know is, if I were a bass drummer instead of a snare guy I'd really want to do one. Anyone else notice this?

A lot of corps don't allow the members to do I & E

blue coats, crossmen, cadets, phantom...

rumor has it, blue devils even may not be allowed in the up coming years. in fact scott johnson's the only reason they were allowed to do it this year.

I & E can make members miss a lot of time during finals week when some corps are really trying to get those last couple tenths.

BK's ensemble was great in my opinion; it was like a mini wgi show.

Hmmmm that sucks...maybe I&E should fall within the middle of the season? Oh well, yea I dunno i'm probably being too picky about BK's I just would love to see phantom/devils/bloo/bc go out there and tear it up on bass ensembles. And it's been a while since i've seen a regiment snare soloist as well as a tenor soloist....

Oh well, there's always PASIC...

Edited by PhantomPhan1989

it's a combo of not being allowed/just not having the time to practice

if you notice, BK did really well in I&E but not so well as a corps

(i don't consider 8th to be great)

Does anyone know which drum line from one of the top corps will be at PASIC this year? I can't find it on the website and I'm beginning to think there isn't going to be one (a corps) up there. I know in 06' SCV was there and in 05' Phantom was there.

Awesome! how did you guys figure that out? I feel like i'm missing out on a nice media outlet here...