Boston's Elbows

Ask anybody who marched in the 60's what Boston was like. ^0^

Well, they were one of the very best Drum Corps in the Country for most of the 60's, when there were literally several hundred competing Jr. Corps. The Boston Crusaders were made up of mostly inner city kids from the City of Boston. Kids who were tough. And had to be to survive. Many of them were literally saved by finding The Boston Crusaders. And from most reports, many of those who marched in the Boston Crusaders in the 60's are now productive citizens with good paying jobs, are pretty affluent , and are now nearing retirement. ' Hope that answers your rhetorical question Galen.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh believe me they do...

The most memoralbe was "this one is for you sweetcheeks"..said to the Crown Tuba section leader, who BTW is a female. Their were other comments and of course the occasional elbow. It was enough that the Crown kids were ###### about it. To thier merit, they did not react in a poor manner. In the end, BAC's DM ended up apologizing to Crown's DM, and Howard W. and company took action that stopped it.

PS..Let me make it clear that I have no problem with the BAC organization. This was a case of a few members acting poorly, and embarrising their corps. The corps managment at Boston, IMHO, took appropriate steps to end it.

Sadly, sometimes the actions of a few overly "gung ho" members can serve to embarras an entire organization.

Suggestion...... use spell check. Otherwise, it can be " embarrising " , and not so " memoralbe" a post " thier" for you.

I know Crown had several run ins with BAC this past summer. Their was some squaking by BAC in the mixed AOC arcs..bad enough that Howard W. had to nip it in the bud.. :rolleyes:

I always told the Crown kids when they (BAC) started talking junk to look at them intently and just say "recap".. ^0^

Excellent use of hypocrisy...since you seem to feel differently in the latter quote...

What exactly did Boston members say to Crown? I'm kind of surprised they would say anything considering they don't even talk in uniform

Except for some rookie I stood by during simple gifts/america/whatever it is called who said "eat s#it crown," after Crown beat them... I would say 98% of the corps follows its protocol, with clear exceptions... but what corps doesn't have that problem. pressing on...

Well..I know the young lady in question. I have NEVER seen here act unprofessional in uniform twoards anyone or any body. She is a postion if leadership in the corps, and does an excellent job of leading her section.

The FACT is that some kid in the Crusaders made a VERY sexist and unprofessional, and uncalled for comment whilst in his uniform, on the field, in obvious violation of his corps' policies. NOT COOL. NOT NOW, NOT EVER. <**> That is the fact.

And, if Crown members have acted unprofessionally in uniform or in public, as an alum, I am ashamed. The corps does not teach its members to act this way, and it is unfortunate that some immature members forgot the stage they were on. If I had witnessed this behavoir, I would have been VERY unhappy.

And BTW..I don't think DCP is the real world. A good 50 percent of the stuff on here is irrelevant and in some cases outright drivel and BS..poisted by many pontifcators who's sole credentials consist of an active email addresses and opinions. :doh: :sshh:

When I MARCHED Boston, I recall a certain show where upon filing into the AOC arc, crown blatently mocked all of us by doing the check step halt. Speaking of class, I also remember an incident this past summer where members wore white bandannas on their arms symbolic of their first time beating regiment all summer. Just because the corps doesn't teach their corps to act like a bunch of jerks, doesn't mean they abstain from it. Good use of pseudo-scientific jargon... AND GO RED SOX!

Edited by Mellojaphoney

Never said it was written on your whiteboard

Hahaha... this stuff is funny in retrospect. I guess we were ###### off at the time, but it's not such a big deal now. Though I guess we know who ended up "BTMF"s at the end of the summer.

This thread makes me sleepy....pretty much the same way Boston's shows do.

This has really turned into a bash the Crusaders thread, filled with jealousy, people who can't spell, stories that may or may not be true that people are taking at face value, and now a bash on their" shows"

My suggestion ,out of equal opportunity bashing, and full disclosure, we start a new thread on a Corps per week, and make up stuff on that Corps from years ago thru mostly hearsay or 3rd hand experience, and bash them.

Anybody got any dirt on the Skyryders off the field activities ? Is it true kids in other Corps used to pick on them because they were considered geeks and pansies...... and later, for the same reason, the Carolina Crown ? I have a friend who told me he knows a person, who's sister said that this was true .And that's pretty " embarasing " for the Skyryders and the Crown if you ask me.

I say this all tongue in cheek folks. That's because this thread topic should have been closed long ago. The thread topic it's not about enlightenment. It's about needlessly bashing a Corps. Close this rude and disgusting thread topic down. Or else some of us will go public with some off the field activities on some corps members that competed against the Crusaders that will be guaranteed to be filled with so much perversion you'll want to feel the need to take a bath and and secure a blood transfusion with a backup antibiotic prescription.... and all true too. So shut this Crusaders Corps bashing thread down. It's disgusting and uncalled for on a Corps that is bound to have some unpleasant things happen to it every once and awhile simply by virtue of it's being in existence for more than 65 years.

Edited by X DM

Hahaha... this stuff is funny in retrospect. I guess we were ###### off at the time, but it's not such a big deal now. Though I guess we know who ended up "BTMF"s at the end of the summer.

Yea, it's still funny watching the Finals DVDs.

At least OC had an in tune hornline, mmm.

Except for some rookie I stood by during simple gifts/america/whatever it is called who said "eat s#it crown," after Crown beat them... I would say 98% of the corps follows its protocol, with clear exceptions... but what corps doesn't have that problem. pressing on...

ah, you had told me that back after 06 but i forgot to ask him about it when i met him, haha. had meant to.

Yea, it's still funny watching the Finals DVDs.

At least OC had an in tune hornline, mmm.

Yeah, I guess they were the only one out of the three of us. God knows nobody in the top 3 did.