DCI Jack O'Lantern Patterns--This is so cool!

My submission is the DCI one. My friend's is The Cavalier one.

DSCN4155.jpg

DSCN4106.jpg

DSCN4137.jpg

Edit: We used a serving spoon to get the guts out and a pearing knife to carve. The DCI logo was quite a task.

Edited by i_play_percussion

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm Lisa using my husband's account because something screwy is going on with my ID.

So, I decided to carve 2 pumpkins for the contest. One of them is the 2008 DCI logo.

The other one was a tough decision. Here was my criteria for what I picked. I needed a decent resolution picture and with not too much going on in the picture. White uniforms are tough because white = gigantic hole in the pumpkin. It doesn't leave much room for detail. So I needed a dark uniform. Then I thought.... oooh, since the Crossmen are now in TX and this is for Halloween, Bones would be an awesome carving! But, I couldn't find any pictures with good enough resolution to be carvable. So, I decided since my husband is a contra player with Frontier in Dallas (DCA), I would find a good generic contra player in a dark uniform.

So here are my 2 submissions:

(I Can't decide if I like with or without flash better on this one):

1803466576_c62ddabd02.jpg1802623389_8139717485.jpg

A Blue Coat Contra player

1803531320_47f8064e3b.jpg

Hi, I'm Lisa using my husband's account because something screwy is going on with my ID.

So, I decided to carve 2 pumpkins for the contest. One of them is the 2008 DCI logo.

The other one was a tough decision. Here was my criteria for what I picked. I needed a decent resolution picture and with not too much going on in the picture. White uniforms are tough because white = gigantic hole in the pumpkin. It doesn't leave much room for detail. So I needed a dark uniform. Then I thought.... oooh, since the Crossmen are now in TX and this is for Halloween, Bones would be an awesome carving! But, I couldn't find any pictures with good enough resolution to be carvable. So, I decided since my husband is a contra player with Frontier in Dallas (DCA), I would find a good generic contra player in a dark uniform.

oh my dear lord

Um, never mind, I won't post mine.

What are you, an art major?

:laugh::blink::doh:

Memo to self...I need to stick to accounting and should never, EVER try to do anything creative.

Nope, not an art major, just an obsessive compulsive business analyst. Thank you for the compliments everyone.

you had better cancel your order for those DVDs....looks like you're getting them all for free. :)