Sickle rifles

MHSmirage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you all. The ruling that sickle rifles were not authorized was overturned and put on hold almost immediately last year until the steering committee had a chance to meet. That was made public on the WGI web site on the director’s page. In May the WGI steering committee has determined that sickle rifles are indeed authorized equipment.

Dale

Just to update you all. The ruling that sickle rifles were not authorized was overturned and put on hold almost immediately last year until the steering committee had a chance to meet. That was made public on the WGI web site on the director’s page. In May the WGI steering committee has determined that sickle rifles are indeed authorized equipment.

Dale

Where can we find this information? I am not seeing it on the WGI Director's site.

These are the only articles I see listed, and none of them seems to mention sickles as authorized equipment:

09/28/2007 Enter Regionals and World Champsionships now!

09/28/2007 New copyright proceedures

09/16/2007 Premium Members Contest Entries Now Being Accepted

08/21/2007 Changes on WGI Memberships and Entry for 2008

08/14/2007 Independent Audition Information

07/31/2007 Board of Directors Redefine Scholastic Eligibility

07/02/2007 Instructor Registry

06/25/2007 Percussion Finals Get a New Home

Ditto Here!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just to update you all.In May the WGI steering committee has determined that sickle rifles are indeed authorized equipment.

Dale

as it should be.

thank you mr. powers.

fyi,mr. dale powers is wgi's color guard coordinator,a constituent of the wgi color guard steering committee,a card carrying member of the winter guard intelligentsia :beer: as well as being the former director of the beloved and award winning emerald marquis winter guard.

Edited by dugg

If Dale says it true are you really going to question it?

Yes...it doesn't matter who says it. If I don't receive the information directly from the source supplying it, I usually question it, especially when it comes to whether my guard will suffer or not by blindly believing someone.

I would like to see this in writing somewhere from WGI. I didn't see it in the new handbook, and I can't find it on the website. Just looking for verification of what was decided.