Sickle rifles

MHSmirage

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding sickles:i believe designer adam sage has used this style of equipment for many of his productions.

Kennesaw Mountain and Phantom Regiment both use sickle rifles, and rather well I might add. I've heard it is because Adam Sage doesn't like girls to spin rifle, but that may be just silly rumours.

None the less, it's great!

Kennesaw Mountain and Phantom Regiment both use sickle rifles, and rather well I might add. I've heard it is because Adam Sage doesn't like girls to spin rifle, but that may be just silly rumours.

None the less, it's great!

Kennesaw had regular rifles in 04 and 05. And Kell used regular rifles. Phantom also used regular ones last winter.

PR uses them on the field. On the floor last year they used strapless rifles.

Stoneman used sickles last season.....blueish green. Very nice the way they used them.

Edit:....they were solid blue. The ladies wore green. sorry :)

Edited by MHSmirage

esthetically sickle shapes compliment the female form in particular and relate well from a synergistc standpoint working in concert with the body in a fluid style.i find their more curvaceous rounded form is well suited for female performers although completely appropriate for either gender.as an apparatus they are visually pleasing in a lyrical way,tough to master,uniquely weighted and during tosses somewhat difficult to spot.

Edited by dugg

jak,i would have to agree with you on this observation.

will we eventualy see the demise of the "rifle" all together in favor of the sickle or curve shape?

Also, there's just a nice quality about them. It still seems kind of wierd to see people dancing around beautifully twirling a gun. Sort of out of context.

Like there is anything "normal" about dancing and spnning and flag or sabre?! Come on, this is silly...its PART of the activity.

Yes...it doesn't matter who says it. If I don't receive the information directly from the source supplying it, I usually question it, especially when it comes to whether my guard will suffer or not by blindly believing someone.

I would like to see this in writing somewhere from WGI. I didn't see it in the new handbook, and I can't find it on the website. Just looking for verification of what was decided.

The equipment definition in the new rulebook is the same as last year when the sickle rifles were not authorized equipment (before WGI issued the moratorium on that rule and allowed them for the 2007 season). I believe that anything Dale Powers says is correct. You can contact WGI directly via their website to verify his post.