Madison Scouts 1998

I love this show! I think it is neat how it goes from 'traditional" to the "current" to the "future". Very cool.

The last great Madison color guard too - although i'm eager to see them this coming summer as they seem to be making a comeback.

The closer is just wonderful!

Didn't Paul Hart write Appalachian Morning?? OR was that Paul Winter... or Paul Hailey?

They also did Remembrance in 90. A little more power in that rendition than in 98. Great chart though.

Thank you! I marched that show. Loved playing Remembrance,

but I thought it would have been better as a closer..."I can cook" was

nice, but it didn't have that nail you to your seat power like Remembrance.

I'm glad they brought it back in 98. That was an awesome show!

The original version of Remembrance is the Concerto Grosso. It is a 5 part work that was edited to be used the way the corps performed it in 1990 and in 1998. The recording by the National Youth orchestra is the only recording of the original tune in its original form that I am aware of.

I loved 98. Great year to be alive. And who can forget the 4000 man snare line and subsequent tenor line.....awesome..

I thought the closer was from a Nintendo game or something, so whenever I heard it I was always wondering how many lives i had left before i beat the bad guy.........

The opener was a anime TV theme, but the closer was a piece written for jazz ensemble, not a game theme.

And who can forget the 4000 man snare line and subsequent tenor line.....awesome..

I remember the 4000 man snare line every time I hear the 3 count triplet roll in the opener :sshh:

Thank you! I marched that show. Loved playing Remembrance,

but I thought it would have been better as a closer..."I can cook" was

nice, but it didn't have that nail you to your seat power like Remembrance.

I'm glad they brought it back in 98. That was an awesome show!

I've gotta say, "I Can Cook" is my favorite closer of any corps any show any year ever. It nails me into my seat every time I hear it. Kudos man!