Regionals with under 25 entries

Jeremy Denzer

What do people think about regionals with less than 25 entries. Should WGI spend the money to put on a regional, pay for judges, facilities etc when so few guards are attending.

A few examples.

Phoenix - 12 guards currently entered

Denver - 6 guard currently entered

Why not add another regional in an area with so many guards that regionals have a wait list.

I'm sure the Denver regional will fill up once people are done with auditions....

The Netherlands regional is completely empty isn't it??? Although maybe the European guards are more last minute than we Americans.

I agree with you though, WGI should really consider cancelling regionals with so few participants. I understand wanting to give all groups an opportunity to perform on a national level, but I think in some cases the cost of holding the contest is greater than having it just for 10 groups.

Maybe if WGI spaced out the regional locations more and didn't schedule a regiaonl on Easter weekend the regionals would be more full.

The Netherlands regional is completely empty isn't it??? Although maybe the European guards are more last minute than we Americans.

Not sure why WGI doesn't update the Euro regional entries. If you go to the website www.wgieurope.org you can see they have a good line up of entries for the Netherlands regional.

I think it's the other way around.....when the Dutch circuit opened it's registration we has 65 units within a month registered.

Remember that our country is about the size of Rhode Island.

The WGI European Regional is doing great. 49 units are now regsitered !

Thanks for the concern and any others wishing to register.....contact us soon.

Check www.wgieurope.org for info. Remember that it might be cheaper to fly to Europe in february than cross country in the USA !

It's only October. Not every guard has the money to register for the regionals yet. They'll fill up by the end of December.

Just a bit of information. The color guard circuit that runs the Denver regional asked for that date on Easter weekend. Also, there is no regional in Vegas because of changes in the school district policy that prohibit schools from renting facilities within the district to make a profit, thus the sponsor opted not to run the show.

Dale Powers

WGI

Color Guard Coordinator

Boy I hope that's not true. Because that isn't what we were led to believe in Colorado. <**>

Edited by flagguy