2008 DCI Tickets on Sale Tomorrow ?

In before someone complains how DCI is trying to screw them out of their top quality seats that haven't been built yet.
NO. I guess that I will be the first one to say that no advanced ticket buying opportunities for fans who have been buying super 3's for a couple of years now is aweful. Just shows they are not worried about fan retention......either that or they don't know a thing about pleasing faithful customers...... <**> <**>

If you go through the mail order deal when do you find out what seats you got? Not listed in FAQ's..... <**>

Bingo. Thanks for playing

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. I guess that I will be the first one to say that no advanced ticket buying opportunities for fans who have been buying super 3's for a couple of years now is aweful. Just shows they are not worried about fan retention......either that or they don't know a thing about pleasing faithful customers...... <**> <**>

If you go through the mail order deal when do you find out what seats you got? Not listed in FAQ's..... <**>

Triple, you're so worried about bashing DCI you don't take the time to gather the facts!

Previous purchasers of "Super 3" were given several weeks of a head start to buy the Fantastic 5 tickets. It's been discussed here for a while now. As a faithful customer, I'm quite pleased to have been given this reward for my loyalty. I was so stoked about it, I opted to become a Friend of DCI.

Regarding your other whining, the "Ordering" tab on the Fantastic 5 page sez:

Drum Corps International’s contract with Lucas Oil Stadium requires that FANtastic 5 ticket orders be processed through the mail, so we encourage you to take action quickly to have first access to these great seats! All order forms should be mailed to the attention of “FANtastic 5” at the Drum Corps International headquarters, 470 S. Irmen Drive, Addison, IL 60101.

Download the FANtastic 5 order form and additional information (PDF).

Your payment will be processed right away to reserve your guaranteed spot in line as seating is finalized in the new stadium. As soon as the actual seating layouts are confirmed, we will begin assigning your seats. Your tickets will be mailed to you in the Summer of 2008. Single event tickets will be going on sale in the Spring of 2008 through Ticketmaster.

Triple, you're so worried about bashing DCI you don't take the time to gather the facts!

Previous purchasers of "Super 3" were given several weeks of a head start to buy the Fantastic 5 tickets. It's been discussed here for a while now. As a faithful customer, I'm quite pleased to have been given this reward for my loyalty. I was so stoked about it, I opted to become a Friend of DCI.

I did NOT receive any communications from DCI in regards to advanced ordering for DCI 2008 tickets. I am not a Friend of DCI but I have been purchasing the Super 3 package consistantly since 2003. Last year I received an advanced email/letter informing me of all details regarding the tickets for 2007.

Regarding your other whining, the "Ordering" tab on the Fantastic 5 page sez:

Drum Corps International’s contract with Lucas Oil Stadium requires that FANtastic 5 ticket orders be processed through the mail, so we encourage you to take action quickly to have first access to these great seats! All order forms should be mailed to the attention of “FANtastic 5” at the Drum Corps International headquarters, 470 S. Irmen Drive, Addison, IL 60101.

Download the FANtastic 5 order form and additional information (PDF).

Your payment will be processed right away to reserve your guaranteed spot in line as seating is finalized in the new stadium. As soon as the actual seating layouts are confirmed, we will begin assigning your seats. Your tickets will be mailed to you in the Summer of 2008. Single event tickets will be going on sale in the Spring of 2008 through Ticketmaster.

Where in this text does is say "when" they will be confirming which seat(s) you have been assigned ?? It also doesn't say wether they will be contacting customers when the seats have been assigned.

Sorry if you think what I have posted is bashing or whinning. I am a looonng time customer of DCI. Thousands of my dollars have been spent on DCI events/merch. I am simply an unhappy customer of DCI. It is my feeling they have little to know idea how to treat its faithful customers.....

Here is a quick one. In Orlando 2003 I picked out my tickets in person for Denver 2004. Months later when I received my tickets......I observed they assigned me seats a whole section away from where I picked.....IN PERSON. I called to inquire....they said "Well.....maybe we can give you a free T shirt. A free shirt.....for $200.00 worth of tickets and hours of my time the day they went on sale in Orlando.

I point these things out to help people.....and to balance DCP. There are so many who feel DCI does no wrong.....and that is simply not true

Edited by Triple Forte

I point these things out to help people.....and to balance DCP.

This is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in this forum. Thank you! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

So, uh....you don't think that maybe, every once in while, DCI might commit a faux pas with its customer service?

Ever?

:)

Like any (and every?) business, I'm sure DCI drops the ball occasionally. My comment was in response that his criticism of DCI was intended to "balance" DCP. That's just hysterical.

Like any (and every?) business, I'm sure DCI drops the ball occasionally. My comment was in response that his criticism of DCI was intended to "balance" DCP. That's just hysterical.

Okay.

You are right, though... if there's one thing five years here has taught me, it's that this place is extremely unbalanced (me included). :P

This is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in this forum. Thank you! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Yeah....until there is a such thing as a 25 hour day....there is no way I can even hope to balance the DCP pro vrs. con DCI crowd.... :laugh:

Edited by Triple Forte

I did NOT receive any communications from DCI in regards to advanced ordering for DCI 2008 tickets. I am not a Friend of DCI but I have been purchasing the Super 3 package consistantly since 2003. Last year I received an advanced email/letter informing me of all details regarding the tickets for 2007.

I was in this boat also. I may be a Friends of DCI member but I use to also purchase tickets the other way also.......for people that I knew since I would have access to better tickets. I did not receive this email that they are referring to. Oh-well.....both of my orders are now in the hands of DCI....we'll see what happens!!! :drool:

I'm confused..... I've been purchasing tickets by getting in line early since 2001. Last year I got an order form to purchase tickets ahead of the rest of the world and I was grateful for that opportunity. This year I didn't receive any information on doing that. The only information I saw was that you could order early if you joined Friends of DCI. I followed the thread here on DCP that followed that announcement and never saw anyone say they had an early bird opportunity without joining Friends of DCI.

Regardless of what the truth is, it's too late. I mailed my order on Wednesday, and I live 150 miles or so from Addison, IL so my order should be pretty close to the front of this group of orders... I'll just keep my fingers crossed.