Idea for a DVD box set

So I was thinking the other day, as I was watching my 8 volume DVD set about New York City...

Wouldn't it be cool if DCI put together a DVD set about drum corps. It would have historical corps footage as far back as possible, bio's about corps that are no longer performing, as well as about corps that are still performing, influential stories/interviews from those that helped to shape the activity, bio's about the great people that are part of/have departed us too soon, i.e. Gail Royer, George Zingali, Col. Truman Crawford, C.H. Beebe, just to name a few.

What do you all think? Is it possible? Would you buy it?

I just think it would be good because it would be about ALL eras of drum corps and would show how the past is just as important as the present, and the present is just as important as the past.

So I was thinking the other day, as I was watching my 8 volume DVD set about New York City...

Wouldn't it be cool if DCI put together a DVD set about drum corps. It would have historical corps footage as far back as possible, bio's about corps that are no longer performing, as well as about corps that are still performing, influential stories/interviews from those that helped to shape the activity, bio's about the great people that are part of/have departed us too soon, i.e. Gail Royer, George Zingali, Col. Truman Crawford, C.H. Beebe, just to name a few.

What do you all think? Is it possible? Would you buy it?

I just think it would be good because it would be about ALL eras of drum corps and would show how the past is just as important as the present, and the present is just as important as the past.

Having Ken Burns himself make a DCI documentary would be pretty sweet too. I can hear his soothing voice now as the camera slowly pans over old pictures...

That would be cool, as long as Ken Burns doesn't do it. His documentary on jazz was filled with man-love for Louis Armstrong and barely acknowleged anything done in the 70's, particularly fusion.

And for that matter, it would be cool as long as DCI didn't do it. If DCI did it would be very biased, would ignore anything done by all-age or international corps, and would ignore controversial topics like the fast-changing rules of the current decade, Scott Stewart's philosophy and why the Scouts were different in the 90's, Star of Indiana and what made them different and why they left, etc.

It would definately have to be done by an unbiased 3rd party, and not Ken Burns. It would be pretty cool though.