First to use a Floor?

Malibu

I was watching 1985 Erete Productions and they used a small floor at the end of their show. I'm willing to bet they were one of the first winter guards to use a floor, if not THE first. I especailly liked the strap work the rifles did towards the end, very nice and effective! :rolleyes:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive Emerald Marquis (on their website) says they were the first...Let me check again!

You could be right, Nancy, but if that's the case, I don't remember it. (Of course, there's tons of stuff I've forgotten, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.) I clearly remember Erte having that floor covering, and it striking me as being the first time I'd seen something like that used. But it could be the way they used it, which highlighted that guard's creativity, and that's why it created such a strong image in my mind.

Anyway, yes, Erte was a fantastic winter guard. They will always be one of my favorites.

My bet goes with either Clovis West HS or San Jose Raiders. When Erte used that in 1985, it was only for their ending - if you are talking about a full floor covering - it all started on the West Coast.

B)

I understand what you are saying by "full floor" but you have to admit, IF Erete was the first to use it, even if it were only for the ending of their show, the credit should still go to them. The idea of a "white pallet" struck a positive nerve in the designers for future shows to come.

You could be right, Nancy, but if that's the case, I don't remember it. (Of course, there's tons of stuff I've forgotten, so that doesn't mean a whole lot.) I clearly remember Erte having that floor covering, and it striking me as being the first time I'd seen something like that used. But it could be the way they used it, which highlighted that guard's creativity, and that's why it created such a strong image in my mind.

Anyway, yes, Erte was a fantastic winter guard. They will always be one of my favorites.

I just e-mailed EM as their "Did You Know" section is only 2 sentences and used to be many, many pages. I'm not going by what I saw but what I read, and it could very well be incorrect!

I'll let you know when I get the answer along with the year they tell me...I don't want to call anyone for a question like this...