First to use a Floor?

Malibu

1984 had a guard with movable walls, and they also received a penalty every WGI show? Who was that guard?

If memory serves correctly (and it rarely does for me, these days), that was Conquest.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it WAS Conquest, and Randy Accardi...."Is anybody out there" ?? LOL

Thought they had it over Royal Guardsmen, then got slammed at WGI

~G~

Yes, what a show! It was a very bizarre show with moving walls that resembled stone walls. When they turned them around you saw fire! Very aggressive show! B)

It sure was Conquest and I marched that show :rolleyes:

Is their anybody out there????????????????

That's cool Scott! What were you a rifle or flag? Or were you the person who had his arm chopped off in the beginning? :P

This is from Dale Powers, the director of Emerals Marquis for all of their years:

"No sorry, actually we were late getting in to the floor business, 1991 was our first.

The first floor was Pride Of Cincinnati in 1986 I believe. the year they did the space show (Star Trek something like that). The didn't make finals so it was not on the video tape.

Raiders were next in 1988, then the world as we know it changed in 1989.

Hope this helps,

Dale"

This is from Dale Powers, the director of Emerals Marquis for all of their years:

"No sorry, actually we were late getting in to the floor business, 1991 was our first.

The first floor was Pride Of Cincinnati in 1986 I believe. the year they did the space show (Star Trek something like that). The didn't make finals so it was not on the video tape.

Raiders were next in 1988, then the world as we know it changed in 1989.

Hope this helps,

Dale"

So then, one could say Erte was indeed the first to use it in 1985 even though it was only a partial floor. The idea was there for all to see and make uses of it in the future.

So then, one could say Erte was indeed the first to use it in 1985 even though it was only a partial floor. The idea was there for all to see and make uses of it in the future.

That's how I see it. Even though it was only a partial floor, not the full floor-covering we started seeing in the late '80s, it was still a first, something no one had ever done before.

You know what else is interesting about '85 Erte, I believe George Zingali was one of their main instructors. That would explain the genius behind the reason the floor was introduced. It's interesting when you think of how all those people associated with either the Reveries or 27th Lancers pushed the envelope as far as creativity and design, that is used so often today.

You know what else is interesting about '85 Erte, I believe George Zingali was one of their main instructors. That would explain the genius behind the reason the floor was introduced. It's interesting when you think of how all those people associated with either the Reveries or 27th Lancers pushed the envelope as far as creativity and design, that is used so often today.

Yes, Erte' productions was spawned from Quasar.

~G~