ARE YOU READY?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=107042

As I said in that thread, Jeff is an amazing writer and one of my favorite instructors. This is good for Surf.

The moderators should consolidate both threads into one and I think they should use mine instead of the other one because the title on mine actually says what the thread is about. I would have never known the other thread was about this subject unless you told me...which is why I even ignored it the first time.

The moderators should consolidate both threads into one and I think they should use mine instead of the other one because the title on mine actually says what the thread is about. I would have never known the other thread was about this subject unless you told me...which is why I even ignored it the first time.

We tend to merge threads into the oldest topic.

If ever in doubt, use the search button :)

<on topic>

don't know either person, but I can't see Surf going anywhere but up, so I'm assuming these two will do good for the corps.

This is the same Scott Steward that is on that American Band reality TV show right now, right?

Yes, it is.

:doh:

I appreciate The Surf and I got to see them live for the first time this past summer... but I'm not sure that this comparison is appropriate. They've been around for quite a while now (15+ years?) and not taking anything away from them at all, the Academy has done a considerable amount in a relatively short time, in comparison.

I appreciate The Surf and I got to see them live for the first time this past summer... but I'm not sure that this comparison is appropriate. They've been around for quite a while now (15+ years?) and not taking anything away from them at all, the Academy has done a considerable amount in a relatively short time, in comparison.

You are absolutely right. I'm mostly just talking from a standpoint of what might happen if Surf were to make the move to World Class in the near future. Keep in mind that I say this as a huge Academy fan. I love what The Academy has proved is possible for drum corps coming out of Open Class. I believe it's just as possible for corps like Surf.

Here is to hoping for a great season for the under-dog movers and shakers in the activity! :mmm: