Troopers do it again!

It seems the Troopers have added Ralph Hardimon to their drum staff. This is a huge pick up for the Troop. They have made awesomr additions to their team this off season.

http://members.troopersdrumcorps.org/staff.htm

Jim

Not to rain on your parade, but Hardiman will be a consultant. I think too many people place too much importance on people that are announced as "consultants". In many cases the corps never sees their consultants, and their involvement is virtually non-existant.

I think he toured with the troopers for a couple of weeks last season and I saw him a few times at BOA Championships last weekend with Brian Stevens who is the percussion caption head at Troopers. They also worked together at Cap Reg in 2006 if I am not mistaken.

jim

Edited by bari-tard

Not to rain on your parade, but Hardiman will be a consultant. I think too many people place too much importance on people that are announced as "consultants". In many cases the corps never sees their consultants, and their involvement is virtually non-existant.

His last name is spelled "Hardimon". And besides, what's wrong with having a DCI Hall of Famer as a consultant? I bet Cadets have Thom Hannum as one a lot of times because of how close he and Aungst are.

Hardimon was a consultant with them last yea. I would not really call it a "pick up" since he was already on board last year... but that is a matter of semantics and I am sure he brings a lot to the table. Since I am not a percussionist I would have no clue as to how much. I am more interested in their addition of Dan Wiles to the design staff..... I think that is huge

His last name is spelled "Hardimon"

Dont be a dil,

We all knew who he ment.

Wrestling fans, I swear :bluedevil:

When I marched with Freelancers, Ralph was either an official or somewhat unofficial consultant and we DID see him and he DID interact with us and he provided valuable feedback in the short amount of time he was there and oh, by the way, I was in the guard!, so I can only imagine how much more he did with the other sections. Just an FYI.

Later when I marched with Blue Knights, though I was in the guard the first year, he still provided us with invaluable feedback and instruction. And then when I was in the pit my last year, Ralph was just amazing. He gets things done and he gets them done in the best possible way.

I think Ralph is a VERY valuable addition to any organization even if he is "only" a consultant.

In 94 Ralph wrote the Freelancer drumbook and was with us a great deal of the time during tour. ANY time a line gets to spend with him is worth it!

In 94 Ralph wrote the Freelancer drumbook and was with us a great deal of the time during tour. ANY time a line gets to spend with him is worth it!

that was 14 years ago.

lots of change since then.

LL

Freddy Martin was a brass consultant for Phantom Regiment and was there............a ton.