DC-eye-oy-vey

I don't want to come off as sounding too negative about this, so I apologize in advance if I insult anyone's photography skills...

But does anyone else wish that DCI could find better pictures for the DC-Eye pages? I realize that it's a place for marchers, families, and friends to send in pics and get a hoot out of seeing them on the site, and I think it's a nice feature, but it seems like far too many of the pictures fall into the "here's me and a few friends from some different corps smiling, we all had an awesome season!" or "here's my whole section on a free day, I love these guys!" or, "here's a really cool cloud over the rehearsal field/stadium!" I'm not saying these aren't cherished memories for the ones who took them, and occasionaly there's an artistic action shot, or a picture with a really unique story, but these seem to be the exception. I know not every marcher/family member/fan is a photo pro (lord knows I'm not!) but...

Thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the section. It's a great way to share the great things about the activity to someone not in the know. How everyone is linked by surviving a season. The artistry over/off/on the field, and some of the fun things that happen on tour. :cool:

This is really weird, I was just about to make a thread about this. The pictures lately could be loads better but they aren't, some have been phenomenal; some were overrated (like the recent one about the pink sky)

Edited by PhantomPhan1989

This is really weird, I was just about to make a thread about this. The pictures lately could be loads better but they aren't, some have been phenomenal; some were overrated (like the recent one about the pink sky)

Yeah it's a tossup.

These pics are SICK (in the good sense):

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9...fe-1ffed5e9c28e

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1...0b-ad9b999ed573

I know this doesn't really refer to the DC-Eye feature, but the Colts Virtual Cooktruck (http://coltscooktruck.blogspot.com/) always seems to have very good photography. The links along the right side of the page are to the various galleries by a few photographers. I like the stuff by David S. best, but they're all pretty darn good. Nearly all of the photos are of the Colts and their members, but in general, it's very good drum corps photography. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Those hills look really familiar... Bakersfield CA?

Anyway. The pictures are sent in by fans and I'm certain they only pick the best ones, so the solution to improving DC-eye will be... for more people to send in more pictures! Open up your photo files and start submitting.

haha i posted this picture, this is the bluecoats hornline warming up in Winnemucca, middle of no where, Nevada.

the one with the PR tenors , I saved it the day it came out on to my computer...the ONLY picture I've saved from DCI . org!!! :cool: