Bushwackers 2008 Show Announcement

7/8? The parts we were learning had 9/8 with sections accenting on different eighth notes, it was insane.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChildProdigy'89'05,

That's the cool thing about this show. It will be challenging to our writers, staff, and members. And, we love that. That's the kind of thing that causes a Bushwacker to drool.

But, it won't be challenging for the audiences. Playing and marching in 7/8 is one thing. Getting people in the stands to want to get up and dance in 7/8 is another. The music we will be performing can do that, and that's why people will be wondering why nobody ever brought this music to the drumcorps field before.

The summer of 2008 is going to be a lot of fun.

Jeff

I remember seeing The Mystery of the Bugarian Voices on Johnny Carson clip, absolutely awesome concept, wish I snatched it first. This is the first concept from another corps that I have ever been excited about :tounge2:

Edited by ChildProdigy'89'05

this is what i'm talking about!

sweet sweet stuff guys!

Not being a musician myself or having heard any of this type of music in the past that often, I was a tad tentative when I heard the show's concept. But, when Joe Exley stood up there, talked about their ideas, played the music (I mean, the ballad literally gave me goose bumps), I was very impressed. This corps is going to be even more awesome in 2008! If my knees would hold up, (these 41/42 year old knees ain't what they used to be .. hehe) I would love to march this show next summer ... but, helping out the corps administratively, being with my friends and family, seeing them grow as the show progresses .... that will be just as awesome!

Thanks for the well wishes .... should prove to be a terrific season! :tongue:

Edited by Mom2ZJ